šŸŒŽ Most Interesting Thread in the World

Okay what is MIMITW?

1 Like

Most interestin man in the world

Like you can say ā€œi played Jai alai once at a bachelor party in Tampa Floridaā€

@jazznutUVA causally responds: great sport! Once when I was stationed in Timbuktu I played semi pro for the Generals version of jai alai that played against the Mali national team

8 Likes

Iā€™ve always wanted to try it. Have you ever watched it on ESPN the Ocho? They have that professional league in Miami.

Cyclones vs Renegades on tonight at 1900.

4 Likes

Edit: just saw the title hahahahah

3 Likes

Iā€™ve watched itā€¦pretty boring honestly. Like a slower paced game of squash. But I guess people like to bet on it?

3 Likes

I think itā€™s quite apropos. :smiley:

1 Like

So among squash, pickleball, jai alai, tennis, racketball, etcā€¦ my FAVORITE racket sports are badminton (mentioned before many times) and Padel (pickelball with walls!)

EDIT: I still want to try Jai Alai thoughā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d say my profile is coming together nicely

10 Likes

@WFS_HOO Do you actually want the emoji in there?

Edit: I did it without consentā€¦ donā€™t call the cops.

1 Like

Man we need a basketball game around here

12 Likes

This has been a long haul

4 Likes

Gonna be honest the titles are weird and create this vibe of a boys club when in reality the forum is for everyone, no one more or less important in their fandom and contributions and what they bring to the table as far as their UVA experience goes. Inclusiveness, not exclusiveness. (maybe the ability for each user to give themselves their own title?)

Just my opinion though and of course I donā€™t want to kill anyoneā€™s vibe

1 Like

You have to check it out in person. There are frontons all over FL. It makes lacrosse look like childā€™s play and the ball travels at 100+ mph (I have no idea how the cesta doesnā€™t break)

2 Likes

There is significant gambling.

3 Likes

Can you bet on pickleball anywhere? Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

We have reached peak gambling so if it is a competition there is likely gambling on it

Not sure if there is any action on cup stacking or spelling bees yetā€¦

4 Likes

Id be all on on betting spelling Bs. Putting your dreams on the hopes a 12 yr old doesnā€™t choke under pressure. Thatā€™s some action

5 Likes

We have not gotten anywhere near peak. I could bet right on my TV in Europe with my remote controlā€¦

I could bet on reality TV results, political elections, Next king or queen. Etc.

We will reach critical betting mass when you can prop bet ANYTHING!

3 Likes

On the other hand online gambling is now legal in Carolina so there must be a huge rink in hell nowā€¦

1 Like

Sharma would win the Uva all athlete spelling b. Lock

1 Like