NBA Playoffs Second Round Live Thread

I love the Nuggets and Jazz. Great teams to watch play. Agree Lakers proly too much

2 Likes

pretty wild that we could end up with a Heat-Nuggets finals

2 Likes

I didn’t think Butlers go ahead shot could be topped then Bam came out and did grown man things on that block

2 Likes

Lakers Nuggets going down. Anyone have opinions?

2 Likes

Gotta think LeBron and the Lakers take it, but Denver was mighty impressive against the Clips. If Murray and the Joker keep it up they have a shot. Neutral court is a factor. Gary Harris could play a huge role as well.

2 Likes

Lakers have bodies to throw out Jokic to try and tire him out. Lakers guards have been sus on defense but idk how much of a factor Rondo’s return leads to defense on Murray/Harris/whoever. Also can Jerami Grant/Paul Milsap slow down bron-bron and be plus contributers on offense? And can MPJ guard literally anyone?

On paper is irrelevant. it’s 2020

4 Likes

Feeling like it’s the Lakers too lose but I also thought the clippers would beat the Nugs. Joker and Davis going head to head should be fun.

Love how the playoffs are rewarding gritty teams with great culture.

But i think LAs talent and culture are too much for the Nugs.

Celtics lose in 5

2 Likes

Dragon I totally agree with Celtics Heat. Miami is too hot right now. Too much for the Celtics. I’ll say the Lakers in 6 but I won’t be shocked if we see a game 7.

3 Likes

Tyler Herro is proof that confidence and mentality are just as important, if not important than actual skill or experience. Kid is so confident. I dont know if you can teach that. Typically what sets apart top recruits from the rest

5 Likes

Herro has a ton of confidence backed himself since the day he chose go to UK. Honestly the Heat are loaded with guys who believed in themselves and took risk. And it shows in the grit they play with.

4 Likes

Not that I think it will matter with Keels direct recruitment, but man, tonight was a big win for coaches that push the ‘one n done’ route to the NBA. If Tyler Herro sticks with his original commitment to Wisconsin, he’s likely still there. Chooses Kentucky instead; now look at his performance on that stage.

2 Likes

I will give Calipari some credit: He really does showcase his kids.

Shai Gilgeious and Tyler Herro were not projected as one and dones but were able to grow and be showcased to that point.

The anti-coach K: Where at Duke not only do 3 and 4 stars not develop into NBA players but 5 stars get overrecruited, end up undrafted or 2nd round picks, transfer, or end up being 4 year role players

4 Likes

The bubble has been a coach Cal showcase: Booker winning seeding game MVP and now AD, Murray, Herro, Bam all showing out in the conference finals

4 Likes

Coach Cal does a great job with guards ans arguably runs the moat NBA ready offense with the dribble drive. Guards are able to show exactly what scouts want to see they don’t have to peoject and wonder

2 Likes

I haven’t paid much attention but I hope the Heat win everything. I like J But and Bam a lot.

2 Likes

Miami is a very likable team for someone that doesn’t have a team. Comparisons to the 2004 pistons. Great story

1 Like

Agreed love the pistons comparison @Benrekosh. Butler has become my favorite player in the league. Bam is my favorite big not named Joker and the role guys can flat out play.

2 Likes

I have no affiliations to Miami or the Heat but I’m in love with them right now. Everything from the from the front office to the 13th guy on the bench is perfection at the moment. This will be a superteam in years to come, and it could be one of the most successful (not best) superteams we’ve ever seen. Happy to elaborate, but those are just my thoughts.

2 Likes

John Crotty does their color commentating locally on TV which is good enough for me. But agree with you guys on the rest…

5 Likes

How’d Crotty land that gig? If I had to do commentary for a team they’d be high on my lost based on quality of product and location