NBA Season '20-'21

From what I’m hearing locally it’s nothing more at this time. He seems ready to go but they are being very careful because they view him as a big piece of the future. I feel like if it was something more serious they would have entertained the offers that came in for him before the deadline, but they were very adamant that he was not available.

3 Likes

The Thunder lost by 48. Ty played 26 min of it and had a +/- of only -1.

OKC’s starting lineup had a rough time.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

As a person who has started to follow the Hawks a bit bc of Dre, it sure seems like they’re medical team is pretty bad. Kris Dunn is another one — he was meant to be a key piece for them and he hasn’t even played this year

3 Likes

I’m starting to question their medical team as well. Seems odd that his is his third procedure in 6 months, esp when they haven’t discovered or done anything groundbreaking.

3 Likes

Was just looking at the box score for the last Thunder game. Jerome did well despite the blow-out while the starters… did not. I don’t usually put much stock into single game +- numbers, but Roby was -50 in 22 minutes played. I know it’s just one game, but that’s just astoundingly bad.

22 minutes in the NBA is probably 35 possessions or so, and the Thunder were outscored by 50 over the 35 possessions Roby played. Even if Roby had opened every single one of those possessions by intentionally handling the ball over to the other team (and he had 7 TOs during that time, so maybe that WAS his plan) it would have taken some solid luck to outscore the other team by 50.

Really a remarkable performance.

1 Like

I’ve watched most of the OKC games since Ty came back up. As the announcers said tonight, the Thunder are a perfect team for younger players to be on, as you’ll get to see the floor and gain experience. Ty really looks comfortable in their offense and his court vision and game IQ is really, really good (as we know). He gets his teammates involved and every game there are a few assists that the announcers rave about. He’s also hitting over 40% on 3’s and the other teams know it.

BTW, Justin Robinson from VT was just signed by the Thunder on a 10 day deal. He got about 20+ minutes tonight.

Michael Cage (played for Seattle and some other NBA teams) is the analyst on the OKC TV crew. He’s pretty entertaining on the broadcasts.

4 Likes
11 Likes

The vision of Joe in an all-Gucci outfit is something that needs to happen ASAP. That was a fun little read.

5 Likes

For those wonder about KG, from the King’s beat writer in a mailbag response to a question about Kyle:

“Guy has played sparingly for the Kings this season, but he enjoyed a starring role off the bench in a 141-119 victory over the Warriors on March 25. He scored 17 points on 6-of-9 shooting with four 3-pointers, six rebounds and four assists in 22 electrifying minutes.

Guy will be a restricted free agent this summer with a qualifying offer of $1.65 million. With Fox, Haliburton, Hield, Delon Wright, Robert Woodard II and Jahmi’us Ramsey all under contract for next season, and with Terence Davis also entering restricted free agency, Guy faces an uncertain future with the Kings.

The 23-year-old guard has clearly put a lot of work into his game and his body. Hopefully he will have a chance to showcase his improvement next season whether that is in Sacramento or somewhere else.“

5 Likes

Yeah. Its like I was saying the other day, I’ve seen how the Kings operate over the years so I was excited Guy was drafted by somebody, but I wasn’t excited it was the Kings. But he didn’t waste that much time with them, got a little bit of playing time, and had a nice game he can use as a calling card. It worked out ok.

3 Likes

Good read.

6 Likes

That was great. Thanks B

1 Like

Ty going off tonight 23 3 and 3 on 5-9 from 3
23 is a new career high

9 Likes

the dude is a pro

3 Likes

Nice. Glad to see it. His last outing was… less solid. Jerome’s the kind of guy who keeps right on going. Nothing dents him.

Edit - Worth noting that in tonight’s game, Jerome played the most minutes on the Thunder and was the only player on the team w/o a TO.

3 Likes

Awesome interview. Alexa’s a brave woman taking care of a newborn her 3L year. If Kyle’s back with the Kings I figure she’ll do a visiting student program at UC Davis or a school close to wherever he might be playing. Or maybe Notre Dame’s close enough to the grandparents that she can stay there. Or maybe IU or IUPUI.

4 Likes

Don’t think she’s at Notre Dame. Don’t know if she dropped out or transferred to a school in the Sacramento area.

Hmm…didn’t realize. Thought she was just doing virtual school the whole year from Sac.