NBA Season '20-'21

You get out what you put in. Whats so impressive watching AG play in the NBA is his demeanor. He is like What? I can do it too

3 Likes

Not UVA related, but watching the 76ers-Rockets game and hadn’t realized Anthony Lamb from Vermont has made it in the NBA and is playing with the Rockets

6 Likes

Another rough shooting night for Kyle.

1 Like

So true. That quiet confidence is all over his face

AG did a good job on Giannis (drew some charges, forced some mid-range shots). When he went out early in the third quarter, liked when the announcers noted that he’d be needed again defensively as the game wound down.

3 Likes

Man the Wizards keep losing these close games. They’re one more piece away from being really good in the East. Probably a *quality big, but who wants to come to DC?

1 Like

The wiz lost their starting center, Thomas Bryant, very early in the season. I do think next season could be better with less injuries and covid cancellations. The wiz were shut down for most of the preseason and it showed early on.

2 Likes

The Wizards have been one the bigger surprises to me this season. I did not think they would make any waves based on the roster, but they the backcourt gelled much better than I thought it would. They could use another true big at the 5. Bryant may be the answer, I’m not sure what Westbrooks contract is, but I’m pretty sure it’s large and I know they are locked into Beal for a long time, Rui is also due for a new deal next year or the year after. They offloaded Wagner as a stretch 5 so there’s room on the roster but they may have to go the budget route to make it all work.

3 Likes

Agree that improving at the 5 is their biggest opportunity. And it won’t be hard to do so. I don’t really think that Bryant is the long term answer with his defensive liabilities. They’ve been better with Alex Len and Gafford on the floor.

I actually think a guy like Trey would be a great addition. He can be a cheaper and more defensively versatile version of Bertans (assuming they can find somewhere to dump him…). The Wiz need floor spacers and defense Then again, maybe this was their intentional role with Gill…

Also, I’m a huge Russell Westbrook fan. Love watching him play. Think Beal and him are great for each other.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with everything you said. 1. Love Westbrook. 2. Dump Bertans since he can’t even see the floor in crunch time bc of bad D. 3. Another quality Big- Jay Huff :wink:. 4. More defense Justin Anderson.

1 Like

Gill getting the start again tonight. Both he and Joe on tv (wizards regionally) at 7:30.

3 Likes

Ty tied his career high with 23 last night on 8-14 from the field and 3-6 from 3 including a few very deep ones. He also had 4 boards 3 assists a steal and 0 turnovers in just 22 minutes as he continues to be a bright spot for OKC.

8 Likes

“Jerome’s in the house- watch ya mouth!”

https://youtu.be/ZS3TNGEWUg8

4 Likes

The vision and the set up on the asset is sick. I love his quick touch off the bounce to find the shooter.

1 Like

While he’s obviously improved a bunch since leaving, I love how reminiscent his game is of his game at UVa. A bunch of deep threes, hesitation moves, and floaters

5 Likes

Yes- *this game specifically showed much more than his long threes. It’s the most diverse highlights of him that I’ve seen so far.

3 Likes

Ty is uncanny with angles and going chest to chest with defenders while maintaining his dribble. He gets better and better (NBA) at getting to areas to create those angles which is very tough to do.

It just hit me thaf he kinda reminds me of a newer more complete version of Red Autry who was sneaky big and strong Ty being a much better shooter of course

2 Likes

Would love to hear/see a break down to get a better understanding of what Ty is seeing in those moments. Kinda Gruden’s QB room but with Ty and @DFresh11 toss in @Marktykobe I’m always curious to get that inside look at what players see or their thought process.

That Gruden show was awesome. Mahomes was incredible with him.

Fresh: Ty you know you CANT do that right?

Ty: Yessir (rolls his eyes)

Marky: I taught you better; I just hope you get some minutes in college

Ty: more eye roll

next

4 Likes

Hahah I can hear that conversation perfectly in my head.

1 Like