NC State Game Thread

@brogdonfanpage is still on break, but I’ll make a little opponent preview instead.

NC State @ UVA 7pm on ESPN
Over/Under is 119.5 and UVA are the 4.5 point favorites
NC State is 13-5 on the year
Both teams are 4-3 in ACC play
NC State is coming off a win over Clemsonon Saturday night
Their senior PG, CJ Bryce, is having a great season. He’s averaging 15 points, 7 boards, and 3 assists, while shooting 53% from the field.
The wolfpack have limited their opponents to just 97.8 points per 100 possesions which is 11th in the NCAA.
The wolfpack are not shooting the ball very efficiently- only 48% from the field.
While winning their last game against Clemson, they are 2-5 over their last 7 games and 0-4 following a win.
While the wahoos have had many shooting woes this season, I think this is the game that everybody turns it around.
The wahoo defense is top 3 in the country and let’s show that to NC State, once again!
Be aggressive and we got this game no problem.
The keys to winning for the wahoos are to be aggressive, keep them under 40 points, and just straight up play UVA basketball.
However, if the wolfpack can get hot and make us take 3s, then I think they have a good chance of winning.
My final prediction is the the Wahoos stomp on the wolfpack and win by double digits at home in JPJ! Students are back, we’re coming off a big win in the ATL, and we’re ready to play some UVA basketball! Go hoos!!!

10 Likes

Also, come here to talk about the game, before, during, and after the game.

4 Likes

I think today is the day we score 70 or more!

3 Likes

I sure hope so! I think today is the day that everybody (Woldy, Kody, Casey more specifically) finally connect, make shots, and play a major role in helping this team win

5 Likes

Okay guys,I’m gonna ask a favor. I have to work tonight. I hope to get finished in time to watch some of the 2nd half but I don’t know. Please post a halftime score. Thanks

5 Likes

NC State’s Funderburk could cause a problem to us on the inside. Hopefully Huff or Diakite find a way to shut him down. Also, wee need to get their 3 point shooter, Braxton Beverly off his normal shooting routine. Markell Johnson also looks pretty legit, wonder who will guard him.

2 Likes

State could be down a couple guys. Pat Andree doesn’t make much difference other than changing rotations up a bit. Manny Bates is a big deal though. He’s one of the best rim protectors in the country. It might make a good excuse for Keatts to use a super small lineup at times, like he did with UNC-Wilmington in the NCAAT a few years back.

NC St - Manny Bates suffered a possible head injury last game, while Pat Andree suffered an ankle injury and was in a boot after the game. I'm seeing UNCONFIRMED word floating around (not in article below) that Bates may not have traveled to the game tonight. https://t.co/39Ge8v426Q

— College Fantasy Basketball (@NCAAFantasyHoop) January 20, 2020
3 Likes

For sure @KyleTheGuy… in the 10 minutes of research I did it seemed like they are very deep in talent. 4 guys averaging double digits I think

2 Likes

They’re deep, but beatable nonetheless. Dang @Benrekosh, what can’t you do :joy: designs, research, etc.

3 Likes

Haha thanks. gonna be a good game tonight

1 Like

love it! I think they are out 2 players due to injury, 1 of which is a starter in Manny Bates…the other is Pat Andree.

3 Likes

Yeah was just confirmed on twitter that Bates didn’t even make the trip up and Andree won’t play. NC State only has 7 scholarship players available tonight

1 Like

Hopefully it will turn out better than it did against BC when they were short handed too.

Let’s see what CTB does against a now predictable small ball lineup. He’s had a habit in the past of trying to match up on defense size-wise rather than exploit size on offense. With some rosters, okay. But not this one.

Same starting lineup Clark Tomas Key Mamadi Huff

This this may the game that we have been waiting for from Casey.

1 Like

I hope so, the kid needs it.

1 Like

Braxton turned his ankle there.

2 Likes

Brax looks fine. Seemed to favor it on the way back down. Think it just scared him a little.

Look good early. Confident. Not sure Jay needs to hedge ball screen out to 30 feet on top- seems to take himself out of the play but that little hook shot to start was legit

2 Likes