New Fauxch’s Corner all about Kihei

4 Likes

Who coined the term Ki-“Haters”? I heard someone say it on the pod and it made me laugh. I love Kihei, but I totally get both sides of the argument and think both can back up their justifications with a lot of data points.

2 Likes

Good discussion! Regarding TB to the league the questions would be whether he can deal with the egos in the league. Also if he would have to change up the pack line because there are players that wouldn’t want to hedge (work that hard for 82+ games of the season) and also the offense is much more potent in that a lot of people would destroy the pack line due to their shooting.

Bottom line- Tony would have to change the defense here at UVA to prove that his style would then also work in the NBA. But hopefully he takes the Jay Wright approach and stays here for the duration so that he would be remembered to unlike Billy Donovan.

We’re 10-1 in the ACC. Who are these people who are torn over Kihei Clark? I’d take him right now over any other point guard in college basketball. :grinning: I’m not interested in how good an NBA prospect he is. This is not the NBA.

4 Likes

That’s right, I don’t care how much data people throw out there trying to make him look bad. There is one data that matters the most. Wins and losses. I believe he’s at the top on the one that matters the most.

1 Like

Truthfully he has not played well the past few games but nothing bothers him. Against Georgia Tech the last game he was 0 for 9. Most players would be scared to shoot after that. I seen Jay get rattled at the 3 point line a couple of games ago and he was afraid to shoot it.But being 0 for 9 against Tech didn’t bother him at all. He went right back to the basket and hit a big shot as the game was winding down

2 Likes

Now I’ll go listen to the podcast to see what is said, lol

1 Like

The rating him 1-10 in all those categories was a little boring. Not hating, just saying.