New Transfer Thread

Here’s a new one.

1 Like

CJ Frederick from Iowa is supposed to enter the portal. May not be a fit due to him having 3 years left. 46% 3 point shooter.

1 Like

Not sure they need another small SG.

Supposedly he is Kentucky bound and that this has been in the works for months. Iowa fans are pretty pissed and think Calipari tampered

3 Likes

Tampering is the name of the game now. I see you decided to sign elsewhere. Keep us in mind when you decide to look elsewhere after your first year if it doesn’t work out. Here’s my cell for easy access.

3 Likes

It’s mostly done by the players side. If their guy isn’t happy, they start reaching out to see what his options would be.

5 Likes

AAU coaches about to have more power. “Coach X, how’s Mike like it a Podunk U?” “Well, we’re going to have an extra scholarship soon.”

1 Like

Yep! Bingo!

Buzz Williams getting absolutely destroyed by the portal

6 Likes

he’s ok. not that good but should help them out

1 Like

another 4 colleges in 5 years guy!

2 Likes

6th year senior at his 4th school. Lovely

2 Likes

Went a cool 3 for 14 from the floor against us in…checks notes…the 2016-2017 season for Cal.

8 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a better guy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN3ynmoFZkj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Ballo following Tommy Lloyd to Arizona. Also probably keeps Ben Mathurin there maybe as he was close friends with Ballo from NBA world camps. woof. I got my hopes up after the Arizona mod said he expected Ben Mathurin to enter the portal.

Also with Jordan Goldwire transferring to Oklahoma, their entire starting 5 next season will all be transfers with a new coach. Should be an interesting season to follow.

2 Likes

The first season after a regime change is almost always interesting WRT personnel. The new transfer rules only exacerbate the issue.

1 Like

Has anyone constructed a readily accessible chart, list, matrix, etc., showing the involvement, if not the level of involvement, of Virginia and transfer candidates. According to VerbalCommits, there have now been over 1,400 players who have entered the portal. I have a suspicion no one was prepared to track everyone beyond noting who was in the transfer portal and to whom they were now committed. Some of the more familiar services have not even gone that far. Regardless, I recognize that the it’s a dynamic situation and quite fluid, if not chaotic, but it would be nice to know, or to even have a hint, of which prospects we should be following. Just because an attractive player enters the portal doesn’t necessarily mean that Coach Bennett will show them any interest. Or, so I would think. Thanks for any help!

Edit to add: I know that HoozGotNext created a list several days ago. However, that thread became so long that going bact to its beginning to view his post became a bit problematic. At least, it did for me.

1 Like

Here is a Google doc (not mine) that this dude updates regularly…

3 Likes

Thanks. This is helpful. Of course, I never knew that Tanner Groves was a high priority. Then, again, I suspect the author of the chart is unaware of Chick Webb, Jimmie Lunceford, or Clifford Brown! :slight_smile: Again, thanks a lot. This is helpful.

No worries… yeah… I never said the dude was a definitive authority… but it’s nice to have at least some frame of reference. :wink:

1 Like