New Transfer Thread

nvm

1 Like

[quote=“WFS_HOO, post:546, topic:4139, full:true”]
My sources are telling me that there’s absolutely nothing going on and it’s really boring.
[/quote]hmmm I thought the portal told you that…

Could have heard that from a pretty wide range of sources.

@HoozGotNext anything here?

2 Likes

Not sure why the full link isn’t posting. Basically Gardner did an interview posted today saying we weren’t done adding guys.

1 Like

Gardner implied that “we aren’t done yet.” Also says that we will be “ecstatic for who we are going to add”. Sounds good.

3 Likes

That’s all taken from an interview that was done almost a month ago. I wouldn’t read much into it.

2 Likes

Gardner and trey are close. That would be the best addition of all—no subtraction.

2 Likes

I thought that as well. Guess he just reposted it agin. I don’t recall the part about him saying fans would be ecstatic.

Maybe he’s talking about Igor?

2 Likes

He probably saw @JoeBoxley instagram story

2 Likes

Yeah that’s old. I don’t know what Gardner was talking about but from my experience UVA recruits don’t typically know that much about what’s going on with others.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Interviewer was totally hunting a quote there and then framed it in the tweet to get people hyped. And then lol Gardner went with it

2 Likes

I wonder if they look into Jamari Sibley from GTown. He’s transferring

1 Like

Interesting prospect. Didn’t do much at Georgetown (Georgetown fan before UVA/still follow). But rim protector stretch 4 that can shoot the 3. Would have had a growing role next season but seems like there is a mini-exodus from Georgetown. Was teammates with Reece in AAU and served his glue-guy shotblocking role well (all that was needed on a team with Reece, Jalen Johnson, Jaemyn Brakefield and Patrick Baldwin Jr). So Tony has seen him play in person a lot and is probably familiar if he wants to pursue.

3 Likes

This is an example of who we’ve been waiting for. Reece needs to give him a buzz, and TB needs to show him some of Mamadi’s highlights plus his highlights in the NBA.

I doubt we’ve been waiting for a guy that averaged 5mns and 1pt a game at Georgetown. If we take a guy with multiple years of eligibility he’s got to be a stud at this point. Else it’s taking a forward spot from the 22 class

To be fair you could view it as a redshirt year. If he was a sophomore or jr with those stats yeah, hard pass. But a freshmen with a high skill set and especially at a position of need (power forward/ we have no back up 4 and need someone in the tank for 2022, especially if the plan is to play igor at the 3.). Do I think staff will go after him? No probably not but he does have a skillset that if actualized fits a hole that we have (rim protecting 4 you can pair between Igor and Traudt). Also Georgetown fans are pretty high on his potential even if he is a 3-4 year guy.

1 Like

And yet many were/are bent out of shape at losing JAR with a similar stat line

5 Likes