Nice moment for Daryl Dike last night

There were some good studies by Germany years before they won the WC in Brasil where they complately revamped youth soccer there. Also I think Belgium did something where instead of discarding kids before they were fully devleoped in their teens or whatever they would stay with players that had the technical skills and wait for physical stuff to catch up. No clue where to find the articles but was really interesting

Back on track with his first start back at Orlando. Two goals thus far. Orlando is going to get a nice pay day this summer and hopefully Dike as well with a new non-MLS contract.

1 Like

Well, the club soccer push over HS has been there since I started playing in 1980. The caliber of coaching, albeit expensive, is a lot higher at the club level it’s laughable. However, in certain areas of the country it is catching up. On the whole, it’s not even comparable.

I think that the US is starting to adapt to the needs of the game instead of lumping it in to a different mentality (ie, football). For example, I played my club soccer games growing up on great fields, made for soccer. I played HS games on a football field, with football width and a crown in the middle that would bounce stuff into the air on every pass out wide.

These things are changing a lot in some areas with actual soccer pitches at HS level, but not quickly enough.

1 Like

was hoping he could get barnsley promoted due to moneyball takeover but WBA look like good promotion candidates

2 Likes