šŸ™„ No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

He had been asked quietly to end multiple things and he did not listenā€¦

1 Like

If Iā€™m Udoka Iā€™m having my lawyer stress test ny contract to find a way out.

Without the full details the Cs ruling feels like an over reach. Fully accept I could be reading this wrong and not condoning Udokaā€™s behavior but from what I know punishment doesnā€™t seem to fit the crime.

2 Likes

? Not sure I understand.

Either way, no shot at you. Just was surprised by the turn of events.

Should we be watching planes from Charlottesville to Boston??? Jk

Looks like more details are coming out and Udoka officially apologized. Enough risk for the Celts to do something. Just donā€™t sleep with your subordinates.

Some members of the Celtics organization first became aware of the relationship in July, sources said. At that time, team leadership was led to believe by both parties that the relationship was consensual. But sources said that the woman recently accused Udoka of making unwanted comments toward her ā€” leading the team to launch a set of internal interviews.

1 Like

Also there seems to be a larger issue that the woman was married to another Celtics employee

1 Like

Good general rule

Ttumps everything and changes the situation from an ethical to a potential legal situation. And honestly changes the entire situation if true. Would be curious what the official internal review process looked like

3 Likes

I was wondering if that was the caseā€¦

Wait a minute. So were they dating or was he harrassing her? Two very different stories.

1 Like

I donā€™t know but one possibility is it started as a consensual affair but then she wanted it to end while he did not.

4 Likes

I think the missing element is what Dave referred to - the relationship was with another Celticā€™s employeeā€™s spouse.

Based on timing, my guess is that the Celtics were trying to game plan how to handle it - itā€™s likely they approached the woman for an NDA or to spin the story more favorably toward Udoka and sheā€™s protecting her image / marriage. Or that Udoka was just a double-scumbag and it was non-consensual (which easy argument in court either way when heā€™s basically the CEO of the organization).

Either way looks like Celtics may be losing in multiple courts next year: court of public opinion, civil court and basketball court.

2 Likes

Exactly. Thatā€™s what I want to do know. Two very different circumstances and determines if I support him or not.

Edit: If she was/is married or whatever and the relationship was consensual and remained that way. While I donā€™t like that Udoka gets suspended in that circumstance I do understand that can be written into a CofC. I would also hope that she is suspended reprimanded in that circumstance as well. My bigger issue in all this is, while I understand power dynamics and the importance of protecting those who may not have that power, I have an issue with organizations dipping their toes into morality while wielding universal power in that universe.

2 Likes

Sounds like thereā€™s still more to the story to come out. Plenty of tweets yesterday insinuating there was another woman involved (beyond Nia Long and the subordinate). Might explain how the affair went from consensual to the woman wanting to end it.

2 Likes

He was cheating on the mistress? Okay, I was thinking I had heard enough about this story, but Iā€™m listeningā€¦

4 Likes

Seemed to be the insinuation

2 Likes

Not totally surprising that heā€™d have a couple side pieces. Thatā€™s typically how that goes down. For me I donā€™t care if he had 1 or 100. Doesnā€™t really change the narrative, that only happens when we learn did he harass or was it non consensual at any point.

2 Likes

Dragon knowsā€¦

1 Like

Sadly yes I do.

1 Like

Number isnā€™t really the reason I shared it. Shared it because itā€™s a possible explanation for how it couldā€™ve started off consensual (still bad unless he didnā€™t have any authority over her) and then become a harassment situation and thus a much bigger deal. I suspect more will come out over the coming weeks.

1 Like

Pretty much agree with that all around. As I said the question at hand for me is is really 2 part, Did he have authority over her or any one else he hooked up with. And 2 did any of it become harassment/non consensual at any point?

Like you said time will tell.

1 Like

Like anything now, always have to wait to see the real news. Some dude tweeting breaking news first rarely knows any details

4 Likes