This is pretty amazing. Look at the anticipation on ball screen hedges

8 Likes

Look at the hair game

7 Likes

I miss when we played elite defense.

10 Likes

You could see UNC didnt even wanna be there. Amazing shit

8 Likes

I never really judged how good we were defensively by games vs. Heels - they clearly never altered game plans for us in the regular season ā€¦ I talked to a few Heel fans and insiders and they said that was on purpose ā€¦ - could be lying I know ā€¦ but in dissecting game film - they really didnā€™t ā€¦ they said Roy didnā€™t really care about beating us because he was more focused on getting his teams ready for March success.
Canā€™t really argue with that as at UNC since Tony arrived at UVA - the Heels:
2 Elite Eights
2 Sweet 16ā€™s
2 National Finals
1 National Title
In 13 seasons

p.s - and an NIT championship game appearance in the 1 year they didnā€™t make the NCAAā€™s

2 Likes

Back in our day Coach Smith did it the same BUT he would adjust some things at halftime and proly visit the referees lockerroom

3 Likes

and different approach in the ACC Tournament - UNC teams are 3-1 vs CTB UVA teams

What do they to differently/ adjust to?

Yea they were talking out of their ass :rofl: Roy didnā€™t make many adjustments for anyone whether it was regular season or postseason. That didnā€™t mean he didnā€™t care about winning those games it was just how he coached. ā€˜Itā€™s all about usā€™ type of mentality.

If the Carolina fan base actually didnā€™t care about the regular season they wouldnā€™t have kept bringing up Dukeā€™s regular season title drought. Their fans were just acting like the typical 7 year old who says they donā€™t care about a contest when they lose.

6 Likes

I loved watching Roy Williams have both hands on his head, looking at the floor and shaking his head and then looking up with the most disgusted, wish I was somewhere else look. Awesome stuff.

5 Likes

You are of a later generation. Did you ever hear about Dean and Mark I confrontation in the tunnel at 1977 ACC tournament in Greensboro at half time? I also heard that Bill G also had a confrontation with Mark N.

I did hear about that. Iavaroni is the man. Coach Smith and Ted Jeffries talked back n forth to each other all game. Was funny. Coach Smith always reminded Tj how many fouls he had etc

I didnā€™t say that ā€¦ I said specifically he didnā€™t care about game planning specifically for how to beat our packline ā€¦ Iā€™ve heard him talk about it on local radio here too ā€¦ he thought we were unique and it would mess them up for everyone else.

in the post season teams prepare to win one game. So they game plan specifically for each opponent along with trying to do what you do bestā€¦ also - everybody is focused and efforting 100%.

Yea and Iā€™m saying itā€™s sour grapes to single out UVA as the game he didnā€™t focus on because Roy didnā€™t gameplan for anyone lol he was the textbook ā€˜focus on what we do and do it correctlyā€™ type of coach. He just couldnā€™t beat Tony so he said he didnā€™t gameplan for UVA while omitting that he didnā€™t gameplan for the rest of the games either. Just an excuse for constantly losing to a program he probably thought UNC was above

8 Likes

Beautiful basketball:

I just saw a 22 second clip of Armstrong warming up before a football game which was also the exact length of the entire highlight clip of Isaac M for the summerā€¦.
Amazing

1 Like

Underrated restaurant service: when the waiter takes your plate and boxes the leftovers for you.

Great meal at Edoā€™s Squid. Round 2 in T-2 hours.

5 Likes

One of my absolute favorites!

1 Like

Underrated waiter perk ā€¦ convincing customers to let you box up their food in the back so you can take some ā€¦. Or put ex lax powder on itā€¦

1 Like