šŸ™„ No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

Grayson Allen as a 12 year old:

Dad enabling too

7 Likes

Dad yelling go was quite the twist. :joy:

7 Likes

Father of the year right there.

7 Likes

Best part of Saturday was all 4 of our kids competing in National Federation competition in piano and all 4 received superior ratings - including our 6 year oldā€¦
Next best was my 11 year old at the game asking me why college guys were worse at making shots than his Rec team ā€¦ :joy:

In 4 weeks and the 2 oldest will be competing again in another competition in multiple categories ā€¦ piano, drums, spoken word, writing, 2D art, etc.

11 Likes

I suppose I could put this in various threads, but I just wanted to highlight a positive case for Kadin. I think weā€™ve kind of forgotten the very big positive impact he had earlier this season against the best teams on our schedule. (In other threads, weā€™ve been focusing on what Kadin is not ā€“ i.e., the small ball lineup that is riding the struggle bus).

So Iā€™m just going to draft behind @Cuts_from_The_Corner and point out some great plays he made in two big games:

Baylor

To remember his defensive impact, see ā€œLike - Shedrickā€™s Hedgesā€

I think when we think about Kadinā€™s defense we think of rim protection first, but I think heā€™s the Platonic ideal of a packline hard hedger when heā€™s locked on. Heā€™s the right amount of disruptive. He moves his feet well enough to get back to his man. And heā€™s long enough, athletic enough to close the gap quickly. There a few clips to show impactful he can be against one of the countryā€™s best backcourts.

Houston

To remember his offensive contributions, see the section ā€œLike: Easy Buckets Through Shedrickā€.

There are a few in here that anyone could have put home, I suppose, but a few where Kadinā€™s height and timing are letting him do things that our other frontcourt pieces mostly canā€™t do.

So, very good defensive contributions against the #2 offense, and very good offensive contributions against the #6 defense.

5 Likes
3 Likes

If youā€™re filming yourself doing cable rows GTFO my gym

• Did i just tweet?

0 voters

5 Likes
1 Like

Another example of terrible officiating ā€¦ like horrendous ā€¦ officials should have been in there on the rebounding action and warned them both to knock it off and play basketball or go sit down. Those are the choices ā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, classic case of the refs letting things get out of hand.

1 Like

Man, talk about bad calls, and a tourney-game-deciding one too. I was wondering why the other team wasnā€™t screaming about it before the ball was inbounded, and then realized they probably were looking forward to getting the game-winning technical free throws (that they should have gotten).

2 Likes

Thereā€™s one girl on the ODU bench who figures it out a split second too late. She leaps up from her seatā€¦ and then yanks a player off the floor the instant the play is over. MVP.

2 Likes

Bournemouth scored on Arsenal in 9 SECONDS today!

4 Likes

ā€¦ and Bournemouth blows itā€¦ loses 3-2 with an Arsenal game winner at 90 + 8 minutes!!!

3 Likes

Never a doubt what a volley

Hilarious that there was supposed to be six minutes of extra time in the goal was scored well after that

There is always the poetic license for the referee to allow play to continue if there is a build-up in extra timeā€¦

Which is very stupid and yet I enjoy it at the same time

My god thatā€™s a bad call. Intentionally so Iā€™d have to wager. Ump didnā€™t like being called out on the previous strike.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1634585250624831488

4 Likes

Yeah, batter canā€™t get away with that kind of crap arguing strike two, but definitely the wrong way for the ump to handle it. He should have told the kid youā€™re outta here, or one more word and youā€™re outta here. But he made make a mockery of the game by calling a pitch a foot outside in the dirt a strike. Thatā€™s worse than the kid.

4 Likes