Non VIP- Elijah Gertrude Watch

One of my favorite old sci-fy movies. A classic. The remake did not do it justice.

1 Like

When I was a kid, we didn’t have Microwave Ovens.

1 Like

If your profile pic is accurate, shouldn’t have been a problem :rofl:

2 Likes

Or electricity ?

2 Likes

Tell me again, who is this Gertrude person?

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/Chna_fzF93E/

2 Likes

Gertrude Prudence Blundersplatt - East German women’s basketball prospect. 6’3" 320 pounds.

4 Likes

That picture was taken some years ago. Can barely generate a few sparks these days.

1 Like

My grand parents didn’t have an indoor bathroom and walking down the hill at night to use the outhouse was a scary experience for a kid. They also had a wood stove for cooking. My parents and they siblings eventually bought them an electric range but my grandma preferred firing up the wood stove.

The first time I lived in a residence that had air conditioning was a Condo I bought two years out of college.

4 Likes

OH - THAT Gertrude.

My 2nd wife’s grandmother cooked on a wood stove. My God, you talk about good food - true Southern stuff. This was in the 1990’s. They still had ‘family’ weekends where they would split a bunch of firewood, butcher a hog, cook apple butter, shit like that. Cool stuff in hindsight.

7 Likes

I’ve got the old “cook stove” (what they called it)my great grandparents used to use. Best pies and bread ever came out of that thing.

2 Likes

Yes, something about wood stove cooking brings out the best in baked food. My once numerous aunts and uncles still lived on farms to the end and raised cattle and hogs for butchering, etc. My mom was one of 13 siblings and my dad one of 5. I may have one or two aunts/uncles left.

4 Likes

Sounds familiar
True story

Back to Gertrude for a moment. Adam Zagoria has written a great “Gertrude to Virginia” article without saying Gertrude to Virginia. I had to smile at the sledge hammer-like subtlety.

Adam Zagoria

9 Likes

This Coach Bennet guy sees the same things I do in Elijah. I appreciate the article from that guy @Adam Z

2 Likes

Wheres the rest of the article? Felt like I read the opening paragraph, then it was over.

7 Likes

That’s Zagoria for you. He’s more Walter Winchell than Walter Lippmann! :grin:

1 Like

I like recruits that realize they need to improve. I especially like recruits that think CTB is the one to improve them :smile:

I didn’t watch all of the interviews with TJP but he seemed cocky in that commitment video. Only talked about how good he had become. Better off without him based on that video alone. That is my opinion and I am sticking with it :smile:

4 Likes

It’s a great day to be be a Wahoo!

20 Likes