Outside UVa Basketball Thread

FIU plays pretty fast, so that 17 ppg comes with some caveats. He gets to the line, but the shooting percentages and turnover numbers are not great.

It’s going to be really hard for UVA to get the transfer guard they’re looking for. They’ll be after such a specific type of player that’s going to be in huge demand.

9 Likes
2 Likes

A little surprised Young thinks a few games and a Covid pause is acceptable punishment. Hokies gonna Hokie

1 Like

How would you describe what they are looking for? I don’t think I have a good feel for what they want.

1 Like

The gun charge was essentially dropped because the gun was not loaded. (Of all of Mr. Radford’s decision that Saturday night, I have real difficulty understanding why you would drive around with an unloaded gun). He was sentenced on the DUI Feb 3.

1 Like

Someone who can shoot I hope

Unless it’s someone special might be better to put the new generation on the court and let next year be a mini rebuild anyway.

1 Like

A bucket getter. Guard that can create their own shot, plus shooter. Ideally at least 6’3.

Yep. That’s the catch. Has to be someone worth the bother. Bringing in just another guy to compete with the pack causes problems.

8 Likes

Pastners sideburns are out of control. Not even the tac shaver can penetrate that.

7 Likes

hahahhahahhah

Zeb Jackson!

Baha! He’s back in the mix!!

2 Likes

I don’t see an upperclassman Ty Jerome or Malcolm Brogdon walking through the transfer portal.

2 Likes

Basically describing if David Duke miraculously didn’t declare for the NBA draft and decided to leave Providence for his final year…

Doesn’t have to be a star. Just someone to take the pressure off. Best candidates would probably come from mid majors. Frontcourt is the bigger issue though. That’s a need. Guard is only a want

1 Like

It’s disappointing to be in a position where we’d be highly interested in adding a transfer on the perimeter this spring when we signed three last year, have one coming for 2021, and another already committed for 2022.

I don’t disagree that we need the help, as our guard play as been pretty atrocious by our standards the last two seasons.

I just hope that whatever we do this spring we get it right, especially if it means we pass on Justin Taylor, who’s right in our backyard and could very well end up being a really good player somewhere else in the ACC.

4 Likes

Upset of the season alert. And of course it’s an ESPN+ broadcast.

Baylor down 3 against 2-win ISU. 8 minutes left.

1 Like

How the heck is Iowa State 2-16? They have some pretty good players. And how is Jalen Coleman still in college. UVA recruited him, class of 2015. Does he come back for year 7?

2 Likes

Their schedule is brutal, because the Big 12 is stacked. Bart Torvik’s website does a neat thing where it shows “tournament-quality” opponents in bold on a team’s schedule, adjusted by game location (home/road/neutral), and they’ve only had 5 games that weren’t tournament-quality in terms of opponent (and went 2-3 in them): T-Page for Iowa St. - Customizable College Basketball Tempo Free Stats - T-Rank

2 Likes