Post Game- Syracuse

I think half of our TOs were “good” turnovers. Guys doing aggressive constructive things and not in areas that were careless which leads to easy buckets the other way. Kihei especially played with a freedom that I havent seen before. Dare I say we even pushed the ball at times in transition…

8 Likes

It was so beautiful to see the transition buckets! Kihei really dropped some dimes last night. This offense has the potential to really, really, enhance our recruiting efforts.

3 Likes

Part of that is the team is putting him into catch & shoot situations and he has a quick trigger no time for the double to materialize. It’s smart.

It did feel like they pushed the pace a bit more as a team. It was impressive that it felt like they attacked the zone, which is something they have not done in a while. Last year they passed the ball around hoping for a good look. Last night guys were touching the paint forcing the zone to move and then capitalizing on the opportunities.

3 Likes

@WFS_HOO you guys notice Sam shooting with more arc? Maybe just me but was talking about it last night and Hav noticed the same

4 Likes

Interesting, I didn’t notice that finding his legs a bit more maybe.

Coaches get A plus for me last night. They were changing the guy that caught the ball in the middle of the zone and really created some opportunitues

4 Likes

Yes could be

1 Like

Yep was talking pre-game with some guys and debating who would play that middle position, and honestly thought 3 or 4 guys could potentially handle it. Didn’t expect them to rotate that responsibility. Was really impressed with the preparedness of the team, several key players had never faced the zone and they seemed ready to pull the trigger.

3 Likes

Things get real going forward, our backloaded schedule shows up. 5 of next 7 on the road.

@ VT
@ State
H Ville
@ GT
H UNC
@ Duke
@ FSU

5 Likes

How would y’all rank the difficulty of the next seven? Because here is my hastily constructed order:

FSU
@GT
@Duke
Louisville
@VT
@NCSU
UNC

1 Like

Bought right, I think UNC is a much tougher match up for us than Duke or State though

1 Like

Off the top of my head…

FSU
@GT
@VT - depending on suspensions/injuries
@Duke
Louisville
UNC
@NCSU

Admittedly I’ve not spent a lot of time watching most of those teams.

@FSU
Then everybody else.

Louisville
@VT
@NCSU
@Duke
UNC
@GT

3 Likes

I was extremely impressed with Sam’s aggressiveness going after the offensive rebounds, I haven’t seen that in the past and I think that is what is necessary especially against FSU!!

2 Likes

FSU

Louisville
@VT

@GT

@Duke
@NCSU
UNC

1 Like

@HoozGotNext Hahaha… OX_UVA AKA Brandon Lloyd just posted this one…

10 Likes

“I don’t trust UVAs three point shooting.” Do your homework Rob. Huff, Hauser, and Murphy all over 40 percent coming into the game.

13 Likes

And all are above 40% shooters for their multi-year college careers. Shooting 40% isn’t an unsustainable hot streak for these guys.

7 Likes

Rob has generally been one of the good ones. He puts out a lot of betting driven content now and hasn’t been on a great streak with Uva lately. Betting on Cuse work’s out sometimes especially in the tourney when they catch teams offguard. But I think it’s hard to ignore Tony’s recent track record against that zone and how we’ve turned around our 3pnt shooting as of late. Again he was making the call on the spread which was +7 or so, wasn’t saying that Cuse was gonna beat us necessarily

2 Likes