Preseason Thread

How many times do you get to say you blew by a Heisman winner?

3 Likes

Unlike some, Iā€™m a fan of anyone who chooses to be a Hoo! Too me, itā€™s awesome watching these guys develop under Tony.

Did you play against Quinton Nottingham of VT?

1 Like

Dam man not sure. what year was he?

1 Like

I remember some saying maybe we could play Baylor on Friday given they will also be at Mohegan. It is interesting that in this case they are still playing and only Scott Drew is sitting out. IDK enough about the COVID protocol though.

Maybe if Baylor does end up quarantining we can take their spot?

1 Like

He didnā€™t want any part of that sharp elbow, either! Maybe he didnā€™t like contact :slight_smile:

He graduated one year before your first.

cool. yea never knew him I think

The covid-19 play-noplay decisions by teams are fascinating. My general inclination is that playing is simply too big a risk, that the loss function (even if the risk is small, the cost of a mistake is terribly great) outweighs the benefits.

Then I think about the teaching opportunity. What would Wooden do? He attended to details (e.g., the famous how-to-put-on-socks). I suspect he would do what TB is probably doing: ā€œThese times require us to be very cautious and take responsibility for protecting others in our sphere. Weā€™ll travel, but weā€™ll wash our handsā€¦ā€

1 Like

Have you heard that either Casey or Kody is shooting well? Or that Jabri is picking up the defense and ready to play?

Before official practice started. I heard that Casey is playing aggressive and his ball handling has improved. They said his shot still need more consistency. I heard that Kody is playing more of the stretch four position like Sam. He is playing with more confidence and his shot has more lift. I dont remember being told about his accuracy. I never heard anything about Jabri lack of defense accept from up here.

3 Likes

Interesting that Austin when showing off his room on The Range said something along the lines of, ā€œItā€™s messy right now because Iā€™m packing for tomorrow.ā€

4 Likes

Exactly what I said. Instead of worrying about tv stations. Im worried about games being played. I keep saying this season is going tu be shitty. My son played three games and no covid issues. If kids can do right. Why cant these grown men do right. SMH

Why cant we play Uconn. I have no idea how you can seriously rank teams and determine who is good or not. You prepare for a team but may play a replacement and not be prepared for that style or team. THIS SEASON WILL BE SHITTY

Here is my next prediction. Players are going tu get down mentally and the fun of the game will be gone. Look for players tu opt out. Can you imagine. Your season was stopped short. You bust your ass since March. You are in a bubble and everyday you look forward tu Nov 25. And boom, there no game. Or, all your life you couldnā€™t wait tu play college ball. You watch all those crazy games and atmospheres
You finally make it tu college and you will play in front of nobody. Once you get over that disappointment. Days before your first college trip. Games are cancelled. And that man is still isnt doing anything tu help with Covid because he is a Beeeaaaccchhh. SMH

At least my cowboys won

3 Likes

Agree about the kids Tu. Is atrocious for them. When I was a second year, I think, we were in the War and I had friends from home serving there and we had the flag patches on jerseys etc. But now kids are expecting the unexpected Awful for them

3 Likes

At least these guys have an outlet and support system. Kastra in that video reinforced how much it must have been an absolutely miserable semester for normal students.

1 Like

I think the Jabriā€™s ā€œDā€ thing is probably more about downplaying expectations. Iā€™m sure he has work to do. Jwilly is probably trying to motivate him and steer him on the right path.

I thought Casey was showing signs of aggressiveness until his shot stopped falling. Especially ASU game! I expect more of that this year.

As for Kody, this could be a genius move by CTB. He could be tough to guard for some 4ā€™s, especially if his shot starts falling at a higher percentage because he should be able to take most bigs off the dribble penetration.

1 Like

What video of Austin

The senior day chat from today.

4 Likes

Would LOVE to see another Kihei v Remy battle

2 Likes