Recruiting-High Stakes September

Think it’s stanford. Where the crystal balls are and their staff feel really good. That being said who knows. Don’t think it’s UNC though (chattering in their fan base). Battle between Stanford and purdue which is not the typical top 10 recruit battle. lol

I would say it’s also part of the filtering process because these guys aren’t used to much criticism.

Didnt I say this would happen with my post about TB. LMAO and UNBELIEVABLE.

5 Likes

Love your input and perspective my friend!!

I would expect a wave of commitments to follow.

1 Like

I agree, HooStu. Here is a quote from Keels regarding Tony Bennett.

“Coach (Tony) Bennett is a great guy,” said Keels about Virginia. “I love Coach Bennett. The relationship we have is great. He has made sure to recruit me personally, and that has been really unique. Basically, they are telling me I can go there and be the man and succeed, and I think it could be a very good situation for me.”

10 Likes

Hmm, in the original post you said you know 4 kids recruited by TB and then implied that Tony told one of them he wouldn’t be a starting PG cause we have Kihei. I guess you can edit posts on here at anytime without any record of the editing? I don’t remember the second part of your post the first time through. Reads much differently after the edit afte being called out.

1 Like

He did not imply that. He used it as an example to show how phrasing can be different. Re-read the post.

5 Likes

He edited it after the original post, that’s my point

If you edit a post, I think a pencil icon displays and highlights the edit when you click it…

Edit: maybe not always the case. Anyway, ready for these commitments to start happening fast and furious.

1 Like

Just look at posts further up the chain. It shows the pencil icon in the top right corner if you edit. Almost all my posts show edits because I invariably miss a typo.

(Edit - actually yeah, not showing it when I edit this one. Regardless, who knows. But let’s all stay amiable!)

2 Likes

I’ve lost track of what’s being argued here tbh. And it’s probably time to drop it anyway. But as for the edit feature, the pencil icon identifies an edited post. However, there seems to be a short time frame, a few minutes maybe, in which you can edit without it being labeled as such.

Doing so now…because like @MaineWahoo I do this all too often, post, proofread, and then realize my mistakes.

6 Likes

Yeah not seeing the pencil icon. Not trying to be a jerk but when a poster posts something, then changes it, then tries to seem high and mighty that’s kind of annoying.

1 Like

I don’t think Tu cares about being called out. I don’t understand why so many posters get all bent out of shape over a poster on a forum. Especially considering we’re all fans of the same team and come here for the same reason. There’s just no way I’m going to see something in here and let it get under my skin :joy::man_shrugging:t2:

15 Likes

Just say you were wrong about my post AND you were wrong about me editing it. It is effing amazing. Im really tired. Its Whack!! Have fun talking about you know who all day. PEACE

1 Like

Well if I misread it, apologies. Been a long day, did a bunch of surgical cases today and don’t parse every word of every post. Seemed like an insult to TB so I thought I’d defend his honor. Ob la di ob la da life goes on bra.

I hope you dont skip steps during surgery like you did my post. But thanks for the apology. Im just getting tired of corn balls. Thank Gard, I have a different mentality now. Its all good. I know where tu go that have great basketball discussions that respect everyone thoughts. Everyone please be safe and go HOOS.

PS now I used edit. I changed and tu that.

10 Likes

Sorry if you’ve already seen this.

4 Likes

Of course he uses the edit feature! Got tu make sure he hasn’t missed any opportunities tu use tu.

Bennett’s recruiting, like his coaching, has evolved to be more flexible. Not with who he recruits as he suffers no fools, but with his style and substance. Recruiting is not one size fits all and Bennett has adapted. The suggestion that he doesn’t have a feel for recruits and might tell one there is not a starting spot available is funny. All of his players earn their time. That’s true of everyone from Dre Hunter to Grant Kersey. He will give honest assessments of their strengths, weaknesses, and how Virginia is best equipped to improve both. That’s it. He’s not going to promise a guy minutes or a starting spot, but if he sees that potential, he’ll present it.

7 Likes

All that aside, his major consideration might be how easy it is to go home and do three weeks worth of laundry. He’s a rising high school senior. Expecting him to see the world as an adult Virginia alumnus sees it can be problematic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes