Recruiting

One could say that practicing every day against the top talent in the country makes one better at one’s craft?

Well all those players getting better at their craft are transferring out without having done anything for Kentucky lol

1 Like

so it’s a win win for the kids and all the other programs … I don’t mind it since Tony hasn’t played too many first year’s a ton anyway - it gets them ready for us.

Similar to our first years? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

To be fair they transferred out because they couldn’t displace anyone on our weakest team lol.

We had no better options. We will hopefully moving forward with the 2022 and 2023 classes (top 100 americans who don’t need to adjust). (keep the roster frustrations in the vent thread LOL. Recruiting commentary here please)

1 Like

Yesterday was the slowest Monday following a live period for scholarship offers I’ve ever seen. Used to be the best part, sitting back and watching all the announcements flood in on twitter. Between teams just taking fewer high school kids and everybody wanting to get done with transfers first before moving on to 2023, it’s taken a lot of the shine away from the spring periods.

11 Likes

It’s one thing to practice against and be around guys that are 3 and 4 years into programs… but against other 1st years?? That would just equate to spending an extra year in AAU IMO. Maybe it’s better, I just don’t see the benefit.

2 Likes

Depends what you mean by ‘a ton’, but Tony has played many first years significant minutes.

He has, it’s just we can’t count on much of a contribution in the box score.

Yep! And also because of the optional 5th year for many Seniors, that is less space for some 2022 and 2023 recruits, so yes- less scholarship offers.

2 Likes

Appears to be in public domain so will drop it here too. Maybe first new offer?

10 Likes

What a random first offer. Figured it would be one of the bigs Tony saw. Maybe just getting an offer in before the eventual blow up or he caught Tony’s eye over the weekend. Was 6’3, now 6’5. Probably will end up 6’6/6’7 just like his brother. Also shoots it exactly like his brother. Not as bouncy as his brother yet. Michigan State has offered but Iowa State and Minnesota seems to be the ones pushing early from what I can gather in my early dive.

5 Likes

Yeah, but that’s practice, man. Practice.

I think playing a 30+ game season is far more desirable.

Bobi to CU

1 Like

1 Like

Good for him. Much cooler place to go to school than Maryland.

9 Likes

Football post, but applies in basketball

https://www.si.com/college/2022/04/13/nick-saban-nil-rules-system-you-can-basically-buy-players

3 Likes

Well, assuming things don’t go our way at 3:30 or whenever, time to move on. Its frustrating it took so long to play out, but December through the start of live weekends isn’t exactly high-impact time to tie up from a recruiting standpoint (other than that first live weekend, which sucks). It’ll just be time to start paying attention to PGs in '23 again.

I feel oddly relieved about it.

1 Like

8th grader:
2026 Garfield Heights (OH) G Marcus Johnson has received an offer from Ohio.

man is MJ gonna disappoint them

1 Like