⛹ Reece Beekman - Offical Thread

I hadn’t seen those highlights before- some very nice moves there!

1 Like

Gone Gone-man

https://www.instagram.com/p/CspLs4CMfUI/?igshid=NjZiM2M3MzIxNA==

1 Like

What is this emoji? Flat-headed basketball man with bangs? … and why is that the only comment? Does that emoji mean “thanks for everything I’m staying in the draft”? Emojis are so confusing to me sometimes… I often would like to go back to an emoji-free world where people would have to use words to express things. :rofl: :joy: :person_shrugging: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :poop:

7 Likes

It’s the face massage emoji if that makes any sense to anyone. Stressed out and in need of one? Feeling relaxed after the combine? Just a random emoji sent to confuse everyone? I hate that I’ve spent 2 minutes of my morning thinking about this :face_with_monocle:

15 Likes

It’s interesting to think about it from Reece’s perspective. If he gets an NBA contract (drafted or mot) - it’s a win. If he gets a two-way - it’s a win. If he ends up in the G-League - it’s probably a loss. If he starts a European career a year early - that feels like a loss too. So, you are either very confident in the first two or you hate school so much that the last two are better options. Coming back gets you a better $ outcome than the G-League and a shot at the first two again next year (by say improving your shooting or whatever feedback he’s gotten).

But it only takes 1 team to make either of the first two a reality. I think he’s gone but I hope he’s not gone only to end up in the G League or Europe next year (for his sake).

8 Likes

If it is indeed that kind of risk (and that is of course based on what teams have told him) then he REALLY does not want to come back to school, even if 100?200K NIL might be in play, as well as the opportunity to play his way higher up in the 24 draft thus higher future earnings. I understand the possibility of injury or the need for more immediate earnings, but that seems like a higher risk than reward proposition at this time.

2 Likes

Can someone translate all the emojis in all the replies???
@kadinshedric already rich :crossed_fingers:t4:

Verified

@jabri.3 WHEN ALL HE KNOW WAS HARD TIMESS

2 Likes

Sounds like someone(s) bout to get paid or has been paid

Wonder is Reece!! Signed with an agent. In my days agents regularly fronted dudes money pre drafts. I have some stories there (not my own ha)

10 Likes

Yup, I’d imagine Reece has inked on with someone and is getting some additional support ahead of the draft.

3 Likes

No offense but y’all sound old trying to take these comments 100% literally lmao. Already rich is a reference to this song (warning the lyrics are uhhhh mature)

He might have signed with an agent, but pretty sure Kadin wouldn’t be leaking that

Also Jabri’s comment is a line from Freestyle by Rod Wave (Reece is a fan of him)

14 Likes

Is that like “not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good”?

1 Like

yeah it’s just friends gassing up their friends because he shared a cool pic of himself at the combine. this describes 99.9999% of IG content from hoops players not named Isaac Traudt. (had to - all in good fun)

7 Likes

I personally liked the street foto and SUV picture the most in terms of already rich

1 Like

18 Likes

No worries. No one over 40 can, or wants to understand what he’s mumbling about in monotone anyway.

5 Likes

Reece is 100% gone. Dude has never taken a NBA three but still is going full tilt into the process while saying he “fully agrees” with disgruntled players who roast the program/coach. He is done being here

2 Likes

Re: the agent thing – there’s a subset of agents that take on the “testing the waters” guys so they can get decent guidance but still come back. There was that whole controversy with Rich Paul, remember? I think that change was sometime in the last 5-10 years or so.

Thats great but I just wanna know hoo is bla bla bla bla bla wrist Already Rich

1 Like

Fwiw:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/12/sports/ncaa-rich-paul-rule-agents.html

The N.C.A.A. backtracked on Monday from new criteria it had imposed on agents representing college basketball players considering the N.B.A. draft, dropping the requirement for a bachelor’s degree that had irked several of the game’s stars, including LeBron James.

My opinion? Because I know everyone wanted to know. If any organization should be encouraging folks to get a bachelor’s degree, I think the NCAA should, so I really didn’t understand the controversy. It’s not like Rich Paul was otherwise going hungry…

1 Like

How did the NCAA think they could rule on that?

3 Likes