⛹ Reece Beekman - Offical Thread

Pulling a Mamadi

4 Likes

Nothing to announce if he stays in the draft.

5 Likes

I believe HGN said to expect an announcement either way

4 Likes

so bc Reece is staying in, minute predictions

Dante - 30 EGertrude - 10
Isaac^1 - 30 Taine - 10
Rohde - 25
Minor - 30 Buchanan - 10
Dunn - 25
Groves - 15
Bond - 15
Robinson - RS

I have no idea on minutes but you forgot our best new player

1 Like

I’m trying to think…have we even had anybody other than Mamadi seriously test the draft like this? We keep using that example because it’s the only one we’re familiar with. Been lucky that way. Kyle Guy was probably the only other close call and he made it early.

When did Justin Anderson and Trey Murphy make it known they were staying in? I can’t remember.

10 Likes

I have elijah at ten

6 Likes

Ah got it

2 Likes

Trey was June 21, which seems late, but maybe the timeline was different for the 2021 draft:

JA basically decided right away:

10 Likes

June 21st was the first day of the NBA Combine in 2021. Withdrawal deadline was July 5th. So Trey didn’t push the deadline but did wait a bit.

7 Likes

I think JA was still under rules where you lost eligibility if you signed with an agent? So most borderline 1st rounders went that route and rarely returned.

3 Likes

yeah that’s true they didn’t have the testing options available now when Justin came out. I remember he made a terrible April Fools Joke about staying in the draft. And then (looks above) announced for real two weeks later.

2 Likes

When we hearing from Reece?

4 Likes

Wednesday at 3pm, tweet from Jon Rothstein.

14 Likes

Ha. Got it

1 Like

I guess everyone thinks he’s gone?

3 Likes

As far as I know he hasn’t told anyone for sure what he’s doing but yeah the assumption is he’ll stay in the draft.

14 Likes

Sort of weird to name a time and place for an announcement if you’re leaving. Kind of feels like the thing to do when it’s truly up in the air or you’re coming back.

3 Likes

I don’t think he’s being literal. Just saying that it’ll likely be a random “source” tweet from Rothstein or someone saying they’re hearing Beekman is staying in the draft.

5 Likes

:upside_down_face: four days of no childcare brain™

4 Likes