🤔 Remembering some guys

Luke Schenscher

2 Likes

Dutch Morley.

1 Like

Johnny Dawkins…before Duke became so hateable.

3 Likes

Keith bogans

1 Like

In high school, we played in a tournament in Honolulu with Hipp’s school, Harper Prep. HP was playing Baltimore Dunbar one night and I believe it was Keith Booth of Dunbar that had a nasty dunk over Hipp. Some guys in the crowd near us kept loudly chanting “X got dunked on” over and over in different pitch voices. It got under Hipp’s skin and he tried to dunk over Booth - he got the ball at the foul line and took several steps back before trying to move to the hoop to throw it down. Problem was he took about 10 steps in the process without a single dribble and got called for traveling. He didn’t make the dunk - Booth just pushed him out of the way but no foul was called due to the turnover. The hecklers just got worse from that point on. Booth and Hipp ended up as teammates at Maryland. Every time I see Hipp’s name, I think “X got dunked on”

6 Likes

Charlie Scott. Im showing my age but he was one of the best even if he was a Tar Heel

3 Likes

Professor Brainard

1 Like

Can’t leave these 2 out. Monte Towe and Tom Burleson. Also Spud Webb. I have no idea how many of you guys remember these players .I can name them all day

4 Likes

Byron Larkin

2 Likes

Gotta admit. You got me, and then I saw it was very on brand!

1 Like

Ty Jerome

4 Likes

Ok @BDragon ,Im going to go baseball too. My hero when i was 4 years old. Mickey Mantle

1 Like

You’re thinking Barry Larkin who played for the Reds. He’s Byron’s older brother. Byron is XUs all time leading scorer in basketball.

1 Like

Kevin Pehlke

2 Likes

I just assumed it said Barry. You got me on that one. When did he play for XU?

1 Like

84-88. I got to know him when I was at school there. He was the radio guy and he ran a killer pick up game at noon 3 days a week that always had recruits and current and former players that I’d run in.

1 Like

Harold “The Show” Arceneaux

4 Likes

John Roche, Charlie Davis/Gil McGregor, & Rich Yunkus

2 Likes

Robert O’Kelley

2 Likes

Keith Booth

2 Likes