Ryan Dunn recaps his visit

Looks like Dunn dips the ball down below his waist before he shoots it as part of his shooting motion. Form looks good on the way up to me but not like Kyle. Kyle was shooting the ball almost before he caught it… didn’t lower the ball at all

7 Likes

Kind of off topic. But pre-Covid, I would got to several games every season and get there to see the full warm up. When Guy was playing for us, I noticed that at the end of the warm ups, he would sometimes ask one of the players to throw him a ball while he was seated on the bench and then take a couple of shots as quickly as possible while sitting. Always wondered what he was trying to work on with that “drill.” Maybe DFresh, our resident shot doctor, knows why Guy did that.

3 Likes

That part is called showing off my man

17 Likes

Did he hit any of them?

Kyle is certainly building up a mythology, which is well deserved. But he did dip the ball down briefly before coming up for his shot.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting. Not gonna see it as much (or at all) vs the 2-3 but his shot running of a screen was notably fast.

1 Like

With his results he could have shot it out of his left ear for all I care.

1 Like

These were all pretty deep threes as well. The quick dip for momentum is natural but he gets it up high on the release…

4 Likes

I’d say about a third of his “bench” shots, as opposed to about 70% of his regular warm up threes; though to be honest, a lot of the warm up shots get knocked off-line by a teammates simultaneous shot, so it’s hard to get a true statistical survey on those. I’ve said it before that Stattmann usually hit the highest percentage of his warm up threes; much less in games though :frowning_face: But I never saw Stattmann head-to-head with Murphy in warm ups and didn’t really focus on Hauser much since he was a redshirt in 2019/2020.

2 Likes

In the FWIW category, the best form I’ve ever seen on a Virginia player was Tim Rash’s.

Vandy-Hoo is right. Even off the screen, Guy still brought it down. Btw, this game was awesome. UNC had destroyed us in Chapel Hill, and this was the year they won the natty.

2 Likes

Doesn’t everyone bring the ball down on catch and shoot jumpers? I mean Klay Thompson does and Joe had a video where he talked about how his dip helps him get in rhythm. He just makes sure it’s quick.

Only Mamadi didnt… once

15 Likes

Here we go

26 Likes

11 Likes

So, Mom and Dad following you yet…?

1 Like

UVa 247 Mod :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

Things that have happened in the past 24-48 hours on the Dunn front:

• Dushawn London (56/59 on predictions) puts in a crystal ball for Virginia, yesterday at 10am
  • Jacquie Franciulli (the UVA person at 247 for anyone who doesn’t know) puts in a crystal ball for Virginia, today 1pm
  • Dunn announces he’ll be making his decision, today 2pm

Looking pretty good!!

5 Likes

No, but looking through his follower list I didn’t see anything that jumped out to me as being one of his parents, so it’s possible they’re sane people who avoid the cesspit that is twitter.

6 Likes

I’m going a little old school but when I see him handle baseline to baseline, I see Jamal Robinson. Similar body type and he appears to have Robinson type quickness. Granted, Dunn is a much better shooter.

Also think the kid has a chance to be a monster defender too. He and Bond could be scary on that side of the ball.

7 Likes