Setting the Class of 2022 Table (Blog Post)

Sept. 13, 2020 – Taine Murray – and he’s a stud that’s gonna hit the floor as a grown-ass man.

7 Likes

WFS was displaying sarcasm methinks

4 Likes

“No, Virginia hasn’t offered, but I talk to them a lot. They have a legendary program and they develop their players to be ready for the league and that’s my goal. They tell me that I’ll be a good fit for them because of my versatility and that they’re a National Championship program and want me to be apart of it.”

10 Likes

Legendary program. Damn right.

11 Likes

For the kids coming up now, we have been an elite program since they were old enough to remember :grinning:

7 Likes

He is not coming tu UVA.

Jay the head of the Jayhawks talked very highly of Jaquan. I question the day tu day competition.

Traudt highlights were far from impressive to me! What’s his calling card? Not quick, didn’t finish strong at the hoop. Maybe it’s just me.

We could use a big that has some dog, and bounce to his game (a cross between Darion and Akil).

1 Like

What’s the deal on Hand Jr., Tu?

No interest from us or his side (or both)?

Any details?

Far from impressive? You know Kansas offered this guy right? Lol

Traudt is much more AG than he is Darion or Akil. Still looking for that piece of the puzzle but it doesn’t mean Traudt isn’t a VERY GOOD player. He’s got a really good feel around the basket, crafty scorer like Gill, quick and decisive.

3 Likes

If signed, Traudt may be one of the more skilled big forwards to pick UVA. I’m not speaking of athletic ability, although he is a pretty good athlete. His calling card is his offensive skills and ball-handling for a big. There’s a lot to work with.

Think Hurt for Duke for Traudt comp

4 Likes

without the slow feet. Higher defensive ceiling hauser (since he has quicker feet/ more ups, etc.) if we got traudt, he would be a 3 more than a 4.

More up to date highlights from the other thread.

2 Likes

I will hit you up you know where.

[quote=“DavetheWave, post:33, topic:3510, full:true”]
Think Hurt for Duke for Traudt comp
[/quote] Very good comparison. Traudt probably is a better ball handler and passer. Traudt is a very good defender.

1 Like

He is not quick or agile enough tu be a wing. He doesn’t shoot no where near like Sam but can shoot. He will be a good 6’9 four in our system. I just think we are moving away from what the college landscape is evolving intu. Long, quick, get off your feet bigs like a Mamadi. Fla St is going tu murder Sam in the paint. The same with UNC and most likely Duke. Trey will also struggle in the paint on defense.

I hear great things about Traudt. But look at the competition in that video. Thats so important. Taine didnt play one minute in his first game. He is playing in a better leage now. I was so high on Grady Dick. His videos impressed me. Than I saw him transfer tu Sunshine Academy and play IMG. Lets just say he didnt belong out there that day at least. This is one of the things I agree with TB about. Not offering kids based off highlight videos. Traudt may become all ACC but I need tu see him play better competition first and an entire game.

1 Like

I’m not too concerned with Duke or UNC! I’m very concerned with FSU!

The competition level is definitely tough to scout traudt but I think it’s encouraging that a lot of his highlights are 3’s, step-backs and fade-aways. He’s not just staying under the rim and playing bully ball or using his size to go over the defender. (There’s always a move like a up or under if he does post up) but I do wanna see how he plays against better competition. I don’t expect Murray to get a lot of run, RJ Hampton averaged 9 points on the same team and was a first round pick. Not worried about Taine at all. Also, I’m surprised about Grady thought he looked against PVI but didn’t watch the IMG game.

2 Likes