Shooting: 3 dead, 2 injured, suspect in custody

Yeah, poor wording on my part, but just don’t understand why this seems so much worse now than 20, 30 years ago.

1 Like

Violent crime in the US is way way way down from thirty years ago

5 Likes

Awesome bro
This broke me up again

3 Likes

UVA memorial service on Acc network now

8 Likes

@GulfCoastHoo social media.

2 Likes

:*(
CTE could be a preacher.

4 Likes

Interesting that CTE used CTB’s favorite Bible verse in the memorial yesterday: “Weeping endures for the night, but joy comes in the morning.” Obviously, in a much more important context here than losing an NCAA basketball game.

I am a religious person, but a different religion. Nonetheless, I appreciate the comfort that faith can provide – and I hope it provides that comfort to the families of Lavel, Devin and D’Sean, as well as to their friends and teammates and classmates and everyone whose lives they touched.

The players’ speeches yesterday were so moving and eloquent and heartbreaking. They hardly mentioned the victims’ exploits on the field, because that’s not what defined them. What defined them were their beautiful spirits and beautiful souls, and the best way we can honor their legacy is to try to aspire to that beauty in our own lives.

20 Likes

Another beautiful article by Andrea Adelson. Week mourning celebration Virginia football shooting victims - ESPN

8 Likes
8 Likes

tough looks for our buddy jim

17 Likes

is this guy ever right about anything?

2 Likes

He’s just a pathetic loser.

2 Likes

Kind of a dirtbag to be screwing with people right now. Looks like the account he tagged is a known troll fraud too that VT has had issues with. Same guy probably.

12 Likes

He misidentified the 5th shooting victim and instead of deleting the tweet, he left up the misinformation and apologized for getting it wrong. I mean, incorrectly publicizing and then leaving the name of a prominent member of the football team as an incorrect victim of high profile violence serves what purpose?

As an aside, I kinda suspect that fake Jim’s sources did get the name of the unidentified 5th football player right, but they confused him with the then unidentified 5th shooting victim. And the 5th football player was one of the people Hollins told to run and he’s dealing with a lot of survivor guilt that all of us should be respectful of and support as much as possible.

And when Ryan Lynch said that the gunman walked past where she was hiding and off the bus and fired more shots in the air. That was him actually shooting Hollins.

I still can’t believe that I typed those words in relation to our school and football team. The whole thing is so tragic and makes no sense to me. I don’t think I’ll ever really get over it or understand.

8 Likes

I agree with this take, and I suspect that the misidentified player was probably the one who called Coach Elliot: Week mourning celebration Virginia football shooting victims - ESPN

3 Likes

I think “Jim ■■■■■■■■■” is actually Jerry Ratcliffe’s burner account.

7 Likes
6 Likes
16 Likes

Praying!

3 Likes