Shooting: 3 dead, 2 injured, suspect in custody

I’ve just woken up to the news. This is horrific. I wish everyone the best right now. Stay safe please everybody.

This won’t be easy, it never is.

Once everything is figured out, we mourn and we heal.

The UVA way is strength in adversity. It is what we do best.

I know I’m not local, but you guys have made my days inmeasurably better.

Rest in peace to the victims and best wishes to anyone injured and everyone in C’Ville

8 Likes

Truly truly awful.

God is our refuge and strength,
A[a] very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear,

5 Likes

I was just visiting Charlottesville this weekend. Left only hours before the shooting. What an awful, awful tragedy. Any killing is devastating, but when the victims are young, you grieve not only for their loss, but also for all those promising years ahead that don’t get lived and all the dreams that don’t have a chance to be pursued. Just a senseless waste.

5 Likes

Sort of odd request, but does anyone know of a basketball game (HS, College) within an hour of Richmond tonight?

Promised my 2.5 y.o we were going to the Wahoos game tonight before I saw the news. He was stoked - won’t understand why we’re not going - and mentally not sure I want to lie to him (or tell him the truth). Would rather distract myself with bball somewhere.

8 Likes

More than an hour but ODU has a home game tonight

4 Likes

ODU has a home game at 7. (A little more than an hour away though.)

3 Likes

If the Spiders game is still on, they’ll be playing Charleston.
Nevermind road game, forgot.
ODU probably your best bet.

4 Likes

road game

2 Likes

That’s in Charleston unfortunately. Both Radford and Liberty have home games as well… but a little further than ODU depending on which part of Richmond you are coming from.

This is surreal… ugh.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Horrible. Really can’t wrap my head around this right now.

:disappointed_relieved::cry::sob:

1 Like

I cannot imagine what everyone else is going through, especially the families and those close to the players as well as all the fans and their attachment to players.

But I also cannot imagine what Hagans is going through. Several of your players in this situation; just looking at social media and how he treated the wide receiver group as his extended family. And how they were all showing up to Hagans’ kids’ games and whatnot.

Just an unreal day.

13 Likes

Has there been at update on the condition of the two hospitalized victims? Obviously being respectful of privacy just wondering if we knew a general serious or critical designation or anything?

2 Likes

Man Jim ■■■■■■■■■ can fuck off. On every day but especially today.

19 Likes

Ryan has a press conference at 11am:

https://www.virginia.edu/live

4 Likes

Praying for all the families that need a huge amount of comfort right now …

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/wickslatisha/status/1592181634895609857?s=46&t=_pMb2NRtqxL2rJlE-O6dog

Jim ■■■■■■■■■ can fuck right off.

5 Likes