Spring Live Period Recap

Got it. I had assumed he played only the 5 his last year so thanks for that.

I think the goal is not to go full villanova with a full roster 6’8 and under, but embrace small ball enough where we have 5 players who can create off the bounce, attack from the perimeter, and force mismatches.

3 Likes

HGN calling him “one of the best shooters in the country” and UVA being “in heavily” for him pleases me greatly.

1 Like

He’s not going to be a point guard but but Sandfort looks as much like Ty Jerome in the way he moves and plays as anyone I’ve seen since … Ty Jerome.

4 Likes

Wow. Those Pepto Bismol jerseys were a bold choice.

1 Like

More recent highlights (those pepto jerseys are a part of a famous camp that happens every year for middle school hoopers i forget the name)

1 Like

Huh, Sandfort goes to high school about five miles from my house. I need to stop by a game to watch him next season.

2 Likes

From a Des Moines Register conversation with Sandfort:

Virginia and Nebraska are the newest schools to reach out, joining Iowa State, Gonzaga, USC, Clemson, Stanford, Utah, Loyola Chicago and Wake Forest as interested schools that haven’t offered.

Iowa, Drake and Washington State, who have all offered, are in regular contact.

Ask him to grow another inch or two and go on a Jay Huff diet. Love this guy.

1 Like

I watched some of Sandfort’s game today. Not really what I was expecting but in a good way. Usually these 6’6 so called wings are really used as stretch fours because they can’t defend guards. Not the case with him. More Joe Harris than Sam Hauser.

14 Likes

Plays like Kyle Anderson

1 Like

Pryce Sandfort highlights from hudl

4 Likes

Reminds me of Statts a bit with a quicker release. Doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be v3.0 when he is fully developed. If Tony is swarming him … that’s the real indicator.

2 Likes

Joe Harris highlights to compare.

To quote what @DavetheWave probably thinks when watching the below: “Look at all that transition game that was never actualized here”

1 Like

that’s some serious shade

2 Likes

Mostly due to current body type, athleticism, and foot speed.

1 Like

I think the Joe Harris comparison from @HoozGotNext is spot on. Really good athlete, doesn’t hesitate on those shots even with a defender nearby, aggressive to the rim.

2 Likes

Jarin Stevenson #26 in the first edition of ON3’s 2024 rankings

Zayden High in a recent interview said his mom’s side of the family all went to Texas Tech, UNC was a dream offer since UNC was the big program when he was a kid, and he has visits to Houston and Arkansas soon. Also mentioned NIL being important in being able to provide some $$$ for his family.

He gone gone. Onto the next one.

6 Likes

second only to a commitment is the player you can write off early on.

5 Likes

Yep. Maybe going to UNC clears the way for us to get Stevenson in 24???

2 Likes