Spring Live Period Recap

He’s a small ball 5. They’ll play Stevenson at the 4 or even the 3 like Cam Johnson/like we did with trey murphy

That’s funny, cuz I remember beating UNC’s tail fairly consistently when he was a kid. (just making the point we all already know – we will have to be 2x as good as UNC for 2x as long to make any inroads into that illusion – and I don’t want to hear about their final 4 – all the real ones were watching the NIT).

4 Likes

Much better athlete and shooter already

High school teammate of Milan Momcilovic

1 Like

Another starry eyed recruit emotionally swayed by the big program mystique. Tiresome. So often doesn’t work out. Those teams are loaded.

Was stalking social media follows and noticed Zayden High follows this account LOL (on top of Williford and Getter and the UVA basketball twitter account)

Maybe there is hope? Shoutout if this guy ends up being the difference. Like Zayden is like “You know I have almost every single school in the country on me including all the home state schools. But then you know @UVA_HOOS. Man what a twitter account”

Realistically we might have a sliver of hope because of the relationship Getter and Williford had been building pre-blowup

12 Likes

That’s our guy @HOOS I believe. Go get em!

13 Likes

Well now its GG. Need to find that Mamadi big somewhere if it’s not Al Amadou or Dylan James.

1 Like

Yes sir! He followed a couple days ago. I ain’t as good as I once was but I’m as good once as I ever was.

10 Likes
3 Likes

Does that mean he committed to Minn?

D1 Minnesota is his AAU team

1 Like

He’s actually from central Iowa.

@KarlHess noticed this follow and I saw Getter liked this tweet.

5 Likes

Peja’s kid is out there and available?!?! I need this to happen.

5 Likes

I’d love if we got him, but he’s an Adidas kid. Ain’t that usually a problem for us?

1 Like

OK, this has me irrationally psyched (even though it was just a social media follow).

On 247 he’s rated as the #82 player in the composite, which is our prime range. His current P5 offers are Louisville, Minnesota, Stanford, and USC. So some big boys, but nothing crazy. That said, if I were gambling with zero information, I’d bet USC is the favorite.

He is from CA and it’s probably pretty unlikely we could pull him that far away from home… but I don’t care. This needs to get done. There is a 0 percent chance Peja’s son won’t at the very least be a 3-point sniper. And he’s already 6’6.

3 Likes

Peja was a cheat code on NBA Street, didn’t miss from 3 point range. If his son doesn’t shoot at least 75% from 3 after he enrolls here then I’ll be disappointed.

7 Likes

McKneely and Ryan Dunn are adidas

4 Likes

Andrej follows Kyle Guy on instagram and I was wondering about the connection. Just remembered his dad was the assistant GM/GM of the Stockton kings g league team when Guy was drafted. A cool inside connection to have. Im sure there are some familiar names from when we recruited Juzang out of Compton Magic as well. Kid is blowing up and one 247 writer thinks he ends up top 50 soon.

5 Likes