STL: Curious Case of UVA Recruiting

I do know then that at least one recruit didnt visit because of what happened. Seemed to be a family decision but I do not know who it was or many details. Makes you wonder what other schools could have been in kids’ ears on it sadly.

1 Like

Yeah the Unite the Right rally was harmful because of timing. They’re trying to get to know these new July targets (last chance for 2018) and boom that happens in August. People didn’t even want to hear the word Charlottesville much less plan an official visit.

I don’t think it was the difference of getting anyone they were close with. They still got a couple July offers to visit, Luther Muhammad and Jared Butler (he did delay it). It just pushed their foot out of the door with a bunch at a time when desperately needed to get in.

Just as Doug is referencing above, that’s it exactly.

4 Likes

Think I have mentioned here I know Luther real well and Jhavon Quinerly, his HS teammate, as well. Did my best to get them Uva exposure and we were able to get Luther to unofficially visit and he loved it. Ohio State football gameday was big factor for him in his decision plus he has family in Ohio. After that he canceled his official to CVille. We talked about this with him, the protest, and it was not a factor for him.

Great kid we should all be rooting for

3 Likes

There was some optimism when Luther visited. But knowing he was keeping that OSU visit, it was hard to be that hopeful. Holtmann had recruited him a long time starting at Butler.

2 Likes

Put this one on me, I didnt get it done. hahaha

3 Likes

I stand corrected. Thanks for shedding light. What a shame…

1 Like

Thanks a lot…

1 Like