This is Carson McCorkle, doing a Q&A here. Ask me just about anything

Put your questions here, I’ll jump on and respond to them tmrw.

16 Likes

Average cost of one of your famous haircuts/ styles? @chavlicek15

3 Likes

3 questions

1. How rough was your first year happening during the pandemic and all that entailed? How were you supported emotionally and mentally by your teammates and the program? What is it like being a college student during this decade like in general (pandemic, world war 3 scares, NFTS)

2. Most frustrating moment of your basketball career here so far? And highest moments on or off the court?

3. An existential question: Would you rather be clutch or rather you be on a team where you never have to be clutch? (cause games dont end with very close scores)

2 Likes

Serious question. Whos the best 3 point shooter on your team now. In practice, working out, or in general

3 Likes

Thanks for doing this! A couple non-basketball questions:

What are your favorite spots on grounds? Either places to study, hang out, or eat.

Do athletes spend any time in the libraries or mostly study in the facilities for student athletes? If you do, what floor of Clemons is your go-to?

What dorm were you in first year? And how much better is the food in the athletic facilities than at O-Hill or Newcomb?

2 Likes

Favorite thing to do/place to go in Charlottesville that doesn’t have to do with basketball?

4 Likes

I’ve always wondered how well players who weren’t ever on the same team know each other. Do you have personal/texting/social media connections with guys who left before you arrived on Grounds? And how far back do those connections go? Are we talking the Big 3 generation or do you guys have reasonable contact with players from earlier in the Bennett era?

2 Likes

So happy to have you do this - Thanks!

1 serious question, 1 not so serious

What are your plans for the off-season for training, preparing for next season?

Other than you, who has the hottest gf on the team?

2 Likes
  1. Who on the team has the worst IG?
  2. Other than this post, do you read LRA?
  3. What’s your favorite non-basketball social event at UVA?
3 Likes

I forgot one - what’s been your favorite class thus far at UVA?

1 Like

I know the coaches always advise to stay ready but are they clear and open about what a current lack of playing time implies and what needs to change for the PT to rise?

5 Likes

Does the team ever get wrapped up in fan and media banter or do you all pretty much ignore most of it?

2 Likes

What are road game experiences like for tournaments and travel, is it pretty regulated as far as meals and free time or is it pretty strict? Do you have set hotels and restaurants for each place you all visit, etc. or does it change?

2 Likes

CM- thanks for doing this. Create the “ultimate player” this year for UVA utilizing all of your teammates for their individual strengths. Pick one for each category. Categories are as follows:

Athleticism
Conditioning/strength
Shooting
Handle
Defense
Basketball IQ
Clutch-ness
Hops
Confidence
Intangibles
Swag
Dancing ability

You can use yourself, and you can use a player 2 times but not 3 times.

Much love from Florida!

-Hav

3 Likes

Also, best road game experience overall, in or out of conference?

2 Likes

And thanks for answering questions!

Which ACC squads from the past few years have you most enjoyed playing against? Not as in which have you played best against, but more are there teams where you guys think “Thats a tough squad and guys we respect - always a hard but good game”?

In my adult coed soccer league we’ve got teams we always respect but know it’ll be a battle and teams we really dislike, so obviously it must be the same in high-level college basketball, haha.

1 Like

You ever watch What We Do in the Shadows? Good show.

I think that’s all my questions for now.

5 Likes

Really cool to see you jump on

What’s your pregame playlist?
Favorite spot to eat in Charlottesville
Best squat bench deadlift on the team?

3 Likes

Tell us something about Coach Bennett that we wouldn’t know. Coach Williford?

2 Likes