This is Carson McCorkle, doing a Q&A here. Ask me just about anything

Thanks for doing this! My question(s):

Did any other programs engage in “negative recruiting” about UVa hoops or Coach Bennett (e.g., slow pace) ? Or was recruiting generally pretty positive / about the school they were pitching? If it was negative, what did you think of it?

1 Like

Have you gotten a chance to chat with any of next year’s commits?

Who is the funniest guy on the team?

3 Likes

Appreciate you doing this, Carson.

You’ve gotten to play for two legendary coaches, both respected for the kind of people they are as much as the championships they’ve won. Freddy Johnson at Greensboro Day and of course Tony Bennett at UVA. What’s the most valuable life lesson you’ve learned from each of them?

7 Likes

What are your thoughts on Bodos? Past players (cough Ty and I think Dre cough) think it’s way overrated.

Edit: Also, thanks very much for doing this. Really cool.

1 Like

JMU and Duke were great environments. Tech was up there as well in my opinion.

7 Likes

I’m a big bodos fan. My favorite bagel place out of what I’ve eaten.

8 Likes

Definitely UNC, I grew up a state fan so UNC just means more to me than most of the guys and this program. Probably controversial but I have a huge amount of respect and liking for Mike Young. He’s one of if not the nicest man I’ve met in the basketball business.

10 Likes

Sports journalism with Professor Anna Clay. Amazing professor and used to write for ESPN.

10 Likes

For the most I think we ignore it but definitely talk about it and see it. If you’re on social media it’s almost impossible to avoid. Also UVA fans can be brutal after losses so it comes at us pretty fast

9 Likes

Mullet costs 15$ baby.

13 Likes