Top 5 Worst Bands & Movies

U2 no.1 seed overrated

4 Likes

Wow, You guys are just stomping on this old man. You guys hate some of the best music of all time. I don’t know about you youngins now.lol

4 Likes
  1. Hootie and the Blowfish
  2. Hanson
  3. Jonas Brothers
  4. Limp Bizkit
  5. AJR
4 Likes
  1. Black Oak Arkansas
  2. Slade
  3. Gilbert O’Sullivan
  4. Bay City Rollers
  5. Lynyrd Skynyrd

And, as a bonus, Wet Willie.

2 Likes

Uh, Blind Faith may have been one of the best bands of the 60s, doncha know, and a seventeen year-old Winwood singing "Gimme Some Lovin’ " and “I’m a Man” with Spencer Davis was hard to beat.

3 Likes

Gonna say it agaon U2.

Not even the best Irish band from the 90s

Oasis is a lock for the top five worst.

2 Likes

Maroon-5. The guy sings like he was just kicked in the nuts.

1 Like

Honestly…there is only one answer…every time…

Nickelback…

…that is all

1 Like

I saw Black Oak Arkansas open for Molly Hatchet at JMU in the early 80s and at a show just outside of Fort Campbell a few years later. They were loud and jammed out live.

1 Like

Clearly in the global minority here, but Van Halen never did anything for me.

3 Likes

Never my favorite but I liked them with David Lee Roth. They were absolute trash without him.

2 Likes

We’ve been through this. The Beatles occupy all five slots.

1 Like

Rubber

1 Like

Sometimes the “most influential” bands have an edge and something special, but liking them depends on your own tastes.

I have most of their albums, but I find, generally speaking, that Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, The Smiths, The Stooges, and Joy Division were self-indulgent nonsense.

But I like some of their stuff.

3 Likes

Well, you were right about the Smiths, anyway.

1 Like

I get the Stooges and, especially, VU…but not the Smiths…the soundtrack of my teen years. And especially not Joy Division. Out of the tragic suicide of Ian Curtis came the brilliance of New Order…

Eddie Van Halen was one of the great guitarists of his generation. Eruption is a great guitar solo that was never intended to be on the first album. Saw them in concert 5 times from 78-84.
Never liked David Lee Roth as the front man but the music during the Van Hagar years wasn’t as good.

2 Likes

White snake
Quiet Riot

3 Likes

May as well add Quiet Riot’s doppleganger, Twisted Sister.

2 Likes