Transfer Portal

Would have to imagine if they do show interest in any transfers this offseason the wing spot would be the most obvious. I know Tony misses having that versatile wing defender and right now that’s another year of Armaan in that spot

1 Like

Offers can be misleading. Princeton to their credit did a great job recruiting him. Were on him from the start and stayed with hit through some ups and downs. He had a great April weekend that led to all those offers. Then hit some bumps and most of them including UVA wanted to wait and see more in July. I think that made him appreciate Princeton’s loyalty so he went ahead and committed.

1 Like

Man one day we aren’t going to be as excited for the transfer portal thread because we will have a team to actually be excited about. I absolutely love UVA basketball and love watching us even through the loses (watched all 40 minutes of the tennessee game). But I do yearn for the years when I didn’t even care about recruiting because I knew what we were returning was going to be enough with next man up.

2 Likes

May be a quiet offseason as we likely won’t be big players in the transfer market but I sure hope we’re at least linked to one player so our guy @Foresthoo and our gang of sleuths can keep us updated on the scuttlebutt from other boards.

Can’t tell you how much I looked forward to transfer and recruiting updates last offseason when you’d come on the board and see a post like “The mod over at X is saying that Player X is trending UVA’s way” lmao. Good times

1 Like

Haha this is true too. Remember not caring as much about regular season games and even the conference tourney to an extent because it was all about March. Tony’s just teaching us all a lesson in appreciation so we don’t take the next run for granted and it will feel like 2014 all over again

3 Likes

Noah Kirkwood is of course the Ivy League senior gem everybody is waiting on.

1 Like

I hope it isn’t a quiet off season. This team is in need of a violent talent infusion. The 2022 class is incredible but not enough right off the bat. Need some more immediate impact at the versatile wing defender spot and also 3pt shooting options to fall back on.

1 Like

Looks like he got worse every year from 3 but got better defensively - so probably means a target. :slight_smile:
Has a career negative assist to turnover ratio … pretty bad

1 Like

Rim dont lie!

1 Like

No idea if it’s a confirmed source but someone on the sabre says Llewellyn’s girlfriend goes to UVA.

The manifestation grows.

3 Likes

Only makes sense if Johnson says in 23.

4 Likes

Can he play some point? I vaguely remember much from when we were recruiting him.

Llewelyn is Princeton’s PG. My issue with him is he’s always been a little too ball dominant. Not sure he’d be interested in playing Robin to Reece. And I can’t emphasize enough how little athleticism there is in the Ivy League. He’s not going to score in the paint at anywhere near the same rate. His game will need to evolve.

He’s a good player though. Very quick, hard to stay in front of. And I tend to believe the shooting and efficiency improvements are real. Remember the Ivy didn’t play last season, so that’s a 2-year gap. He should have made gains.

2 Likes

(of course one dunk 3 years ago isn’t indictative of one’s athleticism. But also the ACC is garbage)

1 Like

Oh Llewellyn is a great athlete. My point is he’s been playing in a league where only one guy in the whole conference averages over 1 block per game.

3 Likes

Hoo would wanna go to college with your girlfriend if you dont have to…

4 Likes

Reminds me of an NBA joke from the 90s.

What’s the hardest thing to do in the NBA?

Guarding Chuck on the block?

Keeping MJ under 30?

Nahh son…

It’s keeping a straight face when you kiss your girl goodbye before away games.

6 Likes

I mean if you are going to tie yourself down in college way better to have her at the same school. Or one within an afternoon’s driving distance at least. Having her at a different school is the worst of all worlds lol

3 Likes

Got ya. Will be interesting tomorrow to see when he goes against VCU’s athleticism.