Transfer tracking

Lol. Somebody holler when he and Franklin follow each other.

9 Likes

Decision on Monday according to his IG

7 Likes

6 Likes

Wait- wasn’t it Wright from Georgia Tech?

1 Like

Gardner liked this tweet from a UVA fan responding to an NCST fan hating on UVA.

I don’t want to get my hopes up too high, but come on
You have to feel pretty good at this point. Go look through his other liked tweets. Almost exclusively UVA.

6 Likes

Bubba Slide goin in

13 Likes

In all fairness to McKoy, that kid worked his butt off to prepare for this past season. And his training was done during the isolation of a pandemic. He came in ready to contribute. Hence, Tony started him when the season tipped off. But the San Francisco game spooked Tony into a quick reaction to change things in the starting line up and rotation. He decided that what was seen in McKoy during the preseason no longer fit in his vision for this team, so Justin’s minutes disappeared.

That decision still puzzles me, as McKoy’s more physical play, defense/rebounding inside was a key missing component of this team all season. Tony ignored McKoy’s value on the floor most of this season. When he finally realized again, Justin ability to contribute in early March, he couldn’t figure out how to place McKoy on the floor more often, keep starter minutes for Hauser/McKoy/Huff and still play both PGs. Justin’s absence was magnified in the loss to Ohio.

Possibly, if McKoy could have remained a staple in this year’s rotation he would have stayed. But the staff sold him on a role similar to the one played by Braxton Key. So they shouldn’t be shocked McKoy bought into it and decided to find another program to employ it.

5 Likes

That was my read as well. He just came across as slightly more excited about State. But I wouldn’t put much money on that prediction. Especially since we don’t know how faithfully the author transcribed the quotes or what his angle might be.

My man Stick meant last year. Jones was the 2020 ACC POY; Wright 2021.

I think we “benched” McKoy mainly because Murphy got eligibility and after a few weeks of practice was ready to start. I don’t think it was a reaction to the SF game.

1 Like

The Sabre “Edge” or pay membership board has more in-depth conversations.

1 Like

I’m sure they said other things, but the fact that all he took away from their pitch was “stay home” I took as a good sign. Our pitch sounded to him about needed improvement to get to the next level - nice impression to land.

1 Like

McKoy went from starting to no longer a factor even in the rotation. Justin certainly saw it differently.

Oh yeah for sure I understand why he would be upset. I’m just saying why I think he came out of the starting lineup.

1 Like

Really, last I looked that place was nothing but tumbleweeds, but it’s been a couple months. Edge is footballtown IIRC

That’s right. My bad. I meant a year ago.

1 Like

There were comments last year (his FR year) that McKoy made at a high school clinic stating he wasn’t told by coaching staff why he lost all playing time in the 2nd half of the season. He spun it into a story about perseverance but it was a bit alarming from my standpoint.

@Mikeysurf’s comments fit the narrative that I had in my head.

Think our team would be better with him on the roster, but think leaving was the right thing for Justin. Anyway, I think Justin’s an easy person to like and want to see succeed (even if it’s with the Tar Heels).

4 Likes

Casey to NC State

4 Likes

Man I really want to cheer for our guys moving on but staying in the ACC is going to make it damn hard

10 Likes

So *if we land Gardner does he play at the 3 or 4 position? What are our plans to find a wing behind Murphy (if he stays)?