Ty Jerome to OKC

teamed up with Devon Hall!!! Go Thunder

3 Likes

Devon recently signed with German club Brose Bamberg. Pretty sure he has an opt out clause if the right NBA opportunity was present.

1 Like

Ty Jerome is not a typical OKC prospect. They seem to fall in love with players having high athleticism/upside. Hope Ty doesn’t get traded again. Not sure coming over with Rubio is a good sign. They already have SGA as the point guard of the future. On the other hand, OKC has needed three-point shooting and were happy to play multiple guards last year.

Can’t help but be curious what Presti is doing with all these players and picks.

2 Likes

Who is SGA?

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, 3rd year player from Kentucky. Made a big leap last year for them.

However, I don’t know if he’s a true “first banana.” OKC is going to be in evaluation mode for the near future so you have to imagine they’re going to give Ty some run out there before making a decision on a future contract.

1 Like

The question about Presti is the most intriguing to me. I also agree that being moved with Rubio seems odd. You would think those two would be broken up, not often you bring in 2 PG’s at a time esp when they will be asked to serve similar roles. I’m wondering if OKC is looking for a change in direction with their play? New coach new core… They have so many assets they could trade the entire team before the draft and be a contender by Dec. Lots of options.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHquiYgHzpq/?igshid=14c09etieq0md

Back in the orange and blue

5 Likes

You would have to think they look to flip Rubio. Ty has a third-year option with an exercise date shortly after the season starts. After his preseason injury last year he never really got consistent minutes in Phoenix. If I’m Oklahoma City I run him out there as my backup to see what I have.

5 Likes

I could see them just buying Rubio out

1 Like

Rubio is an interesting case. I that he was washed before he got to Phoenix but he did look good last season. Probably the best I’ve seen of him since he left Spain. However, OKC is a very different make up and he doesn’t have the rim runners he had with the Suns. I may be biased but I believe Ty has more versatility in terms of the style of game he can play thanks to his size and his shooting ability.

1 Like

Rubio is definitely a pass first point guard. Not a shooter at all. Ty can provide backup as a PG and a combo guard. He needs consistent minutes at the NBA level. The few G-League games he played in last year showed he doesn’t need development time there.

1 Like

This could be a good situation for Ty, since he could prove himself to be a good long-term compliment to SGA, who will have the ball a lot as more of a combo or lead guard. If Ty can show his worth as an off-ball shooter and secondary creator this year, then OKC may look to him to eventually replace Rubio at a fraction of the cost. Rubio’s historical weakness has been shooting, which should become a strength for Ty as he gets more comfortable playing at the NBA level.

2 Likes

Looks like Rubio got traded to Minnesota tonight.

2 Likes