UMass game thread

My goodness this is making me mad

I’m probably overreacting ngl

Interesting switch up there putting Key on Mitchell. Probably to protect Mamadi from fouls but it speaks to his versatility that they can do that. Well both of them actually.

3 Likes

“Thanks Chase, I was ready to come back in the game anyway.” - Kihei Clark

3 Likes

What an alley oop from Clark to Diakite

Key has been beyond impressive on Mitchell.

1 Like

I am so disappointed in this team, giving up 44 points with 1:00 left. Jokes aside though, our defense is LEGIT

That behind the back pass was awesome, great way to close out our W, go hoos!

1 Like

Very impressed with Woldetensae today. Defense better than expected. Seems under control. Starting to expect the open shots to go down.

1 Like

Yep Tomas is getting there. Need his shot making for sure.

2 Likes

Was happy he shot it more in rhythm today. Would like to see him tighten his handle and try to drive occasionally

2 Likes

I was impressed by how we handled the start of the second half after the end of the first

1 Like

My observations for todays game: 1)Im seeing lots of offensive improvements with Key. He is really starting to embrace his new roll. He’s really playing with some confidence. 2)Thought our new guys are beginning to feel a bit more comfortable on a college court. Woldetensae had more confidence and Morsell, although his shot is still not falling, He seems to be handling the ball more comfortably. 3)Its encouraging to see other players stepping up when Diakite our leading scorer was in foul trouble.4)Im REALLY happy to have to have bigs that can score(And our rebounding is better I believe). Offensive bigs has been our weakness for years…Its a shame that we lost our long range shooting though…but Im certain that will only get better.

This Rebuilding year…if you can call it that, Is not looking nearly as bad as the year after we lost Brogdon. Tougher game lie ahead though.

3 Likes

Key’s second half defense on Mitchell was great. And much more confident on offense. Jay sometimes remembered that he’s much bigger than almost anyone out there. And agreed that Woldy looked more comfortable. One comment not made yet: our lack of depth. Very obvious when we’re down a man (this game, Kody). Tomorrow might be a real challenge on a tight turnaround, with an opponent in Az St (assuming they win) that plays fast. Also, Martin can be a real handful. Hope Kihei is a quick recover guy

2 Likes

We are gonna see more pressing from teams that press. Handled it fine today but need 2 or 3 more guys confident with the ball and dribbling when and where needed. Lot of good things in the game today across the board I think

1 Like

Any news out there on Kody? Assuming he is just still sick and something he will hopefully be over in a few days?

1 Like

Bennett said in the post game that Kody is still dealing with a virus, hopefully back sooner rather than later.

I’d expect him to at least be out through Wednesday’s game.

His comment about blood work isn’t a good sign. Very possible it could be mono when considering they left him at home to rest (mono basically completely wipes you out) and potentialy, as mono is very contagious, they probably didn’t want him rooming with anybody. No picnic.

1 Like