UVA at Duke thread

While they’re certainly not invincible I feel like this Duke team is better than their last 2 national champions. My heart tells me we manage to keep it close, but head tells me Duke covers relatively easily.

I know the reece2 thing is kinda of a goof on Reece we do here, but this reminds me that somebody needs to start putting humor (maybe that’s not the right word) back into UVA gear. Somebody with official licensing I mean. LRA, Mincers, Bookstore…somebody. I’ll give LRA points for a little creativity, but for the most part UVA gear adds up to 1,000 versions of basically the same thing. Right now breakingT’s are the only ones doing it and they’re not official so only the most diehard UVA fans usually get the joke.

Maybe UVA is too uptight to allow it which would be a shame but it needs to happen. I have 100 UVA shirts in my closet. They all look basically the same. How many more will I buy? None probably. What’s the reason too?

Sorry for the mini rant in a game thread.

3 Likes

That 14/15 team won the title in probably the best college basketball field of the OAD era. It really is hard to compare though because college basketball is up and down so much more year to year than other mainstream North American sports.

True, but Wisconsin did them a huge favor by taking out UK. That would have been one of the most hyped Finals ever if it had happened.

1 Like

Alert: Kihei about to 3-hei these guys.

2 Likes

I feel an Oregon NCAAT performance coming.

2 Likes

Kihei’s got hecklers! That’s pretty cool.

2 Likes

I still haven’t met a Duke alum who will admit they were a crazy as an undergrad.

2 Likes

Short of asking them to completely cover themselves in blue paint, and comparing to old pics, it’s a hard thing to prove. :joy:

3 Likes

I’d have way more respect for them if they hadn’t formalized everything they do and it was spontaneous. Those cheer sheets they make are embarrassing imo

3 Likes

Best Duke team in the past 10 years?

• 14-15 (Okafor, Winslow, Tyus Jones, Grayson Allen, Quinn Cook)
  • 18-19 (Zion, RJ, Cam, Bolden)
  • 21-22 (Keels, Paolo, Williams, Griffin, Moore)
  • Don’t ask this a half hour before our game

0 voters

3 Likes

Before the 2018-19 season started, I said perimeter shooting would be Duke’s Achilles. Of course our game with them at JPJ was the anomaly.

3 Likes

Should Caffaro even contest the opening tip? I think he’s 1 for since being inserted into the starting lineup. Mark Williams is a solid -2000 favorite according to @Hoosthechamp’s bookie.

8 Likes

I think Caffaro should go straight for the face maul on the opening tip. Set the tone right away.

10 Likes

Why are there posters from here and thesabre sitting in the Duke student section?

4 Likes

Watching the results, and I’m slightly surprised 14-15 isn’t getting more votes. I think their lack of NBA success (esp. Okafor) has diminished their rep, even though they won it all.

1 Like
1 Like

I’ll just take this moment to note that Kihei has more national championships than anybody on Duke’s current roster.

3 Likes