UVA at Syracuse game thread

So Kadin haha

4 Likes

Well, that was not an ideal way to close the half.

Will also say, I generally donā€™t complain about refs, and they havenā€™t been egregious, but they donā€™t quite seem to be calling a fully even game at this point.

4 Likes

Disagree 100%. Kadin will continue to develop and Iā€™d rather him than another new guy coming in and having to learn the defense

8 Likes

Hard to win 8v5

1 Like

Tony is too nice to throw a fit and get in their ass, which would annoy the shit out of me if I was there, but hey- it ainā€™t my life.

1 Like

I think we started 3-3 from three, and now weā€™re 4-14. So thatā€™s cool.

3 Likes

You know, complaining about the refs instead of our team after the first half is a win for me this season lol

4 Likes

Agree. Iā€™m not as high on Kadin as I used to be. I think his ceiling is relatively low. But I donā€™t believe routinely raiding the transfer market to fill gaps is the answer.

5 Likes

College basketball refs frustrate me more than any other sport. I know itā€™s way harder than it looks (and I would suck at it) but I swear they seem to try to be bad at times.

1 Like

Maybe if I watch the replay of NCST/FSU, weā€™ll start hitting 3s again

2 Likes

The sequence of calls to end the half was absurd. Over the back. And then an offensive foul with offhand shove. Fraud.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know, Iā€™m just getting some Mike Tobey vibes.

2 Likes

Pretty Sure Kadin is ahead of Huff and Mamadi at this point in the redshirt +4 year trajectory. Frustrating to watch? Yeah but so were Mamadi and Huff. Letā€™s not romanticize Mamadi and Huffā€™s growth year LOL

5 Likes

@Merch why canā€™t you embed videos that work for iOS devices? It is so frustrating not to be able to watch

Kadin has played in 20 games totalā€¦letā€™s give him a break until next year.

4 Likes

Eh, I donā€™t think his ceiling is low. Itā€™s fairly low on offense, but I think heā€™s still on track to be an elite rim protector as he becomes more experienced

1 Like

I believe heā€™s going to be pretty good on offense. Itā€™s just going to take longer than his defensive game

1 Like

Holy shit Joel berry is dumb AF

Yeah but Mamadi and Huff werenā€™t carrying the full load until their 5th year.