UVA Basketball National Champions 3 year anniversary 🍰

Today I will not waste idle time at work and in life watching clips of recruits or transfer prospects. And I will get around to watching those Junior Burrough games.

But today. Today is dedicated to rewatching the UVA national title game.

(This thread is for rewatching the game and any notes or observations, reminiscing of the experience, talking about where you were, etc.)

15 Likes

Somehow this post deserves a cake emoji like members get on their sign-up anniversary :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Edit: Woohoo! I did it!

10 Likes

I remember thinking Texas Tech was the bogeyman defense this year, since their style was so distinctive and seemed to really rattle teams. From a defensive standpoint, they absolutely dominated Michigan St in the Final Four. So of course we put up the best offensive performance against them that entire year, by a full 0.1 point per possession (sounds small, but over the course of the average UVA-paced game, that’s 6 points better).

8 Likes

Tony and staff did an amazing job scouting that whole tourney.

3 Likes

Tony basically ran a different offense for the majority of the championship game than he had the game prior which was different than what we’d been running most of the rest of the season.

The guys we had could’ve run anything though, we were that good.

That weekend was the best sporting experience of my life.

9 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcFzpyuuFnk/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

5 Likes

Watched the championship game in JPJ with 1000s of my closest friends. Words cannot describe it.

4 Likes

Man Mooney really does look like he could be McKneely’s little big brother.

A bit of randomness that’s always bugged me and something I can never “not” see when I watch a replay…

When you play a game where it’s not uncommon to rake somebody across the face…Tariq Owens you have an obligation to cut those damn talons man. Good grief.

7 Likes

Was at the game!! Just incredible. Then being at a bar right afterwards and everyone spontaneously singing the Good Old Song was the best!!

4 Likes

I still get chills watching content from that run.

3 Likes

Didn’t their big man hurt his ankle vs Mich St? I think it was a factor.

Onions!

13 Likes

It kinda just hit me that we won the last real national title.

2020: COVID no tourney
2021: No audiences. Not a real March Madness.
2022: NIL and portal: Sport is ruined by damn millennial entitlement and the youth in general destroying the good ole’ days. Also Kansas will vacate the title.

4 Likes

Thats same thing one of our coaches was saying…

4 Likes