UVA vs Clemson Game Thread

They shoot 41% from 3?? Key ingredient for disaster tonight. Hope I’m wrong

1 Like

We are going to lose. That’s where I’m setting my expectations for this evening.

5 Likes

We break Clemson, just like FSU breaks us. 11 straight about to be 12 straight.

4 Likes

I’m setting O/U for the 18:38 mark for first complaint about young player x not playing enough
16:40 for a “give the keys to Reece” comment
17:23 for a beach Kihei
13:03 2nd half for a Tony is out of touch/cant coach comment.

15 Likes

I am already Not Having Fun.

3 Likes

Under. Way under.

2 Likes

Hot take for the holiday’s. I really enjoy watching this year’s team, more than I can I can say about a Virginia team in a few seasons. Yes, there are frustrating rotations, and at times the play of the floor is poor. But when I apply the lens of 1) I didn’t expect much from this team this season. 2)The reality is this team has no where near the talent of the last 5 yrs worth of Virginia basketball. I am able to sit back and enjoy the ride and the coach in me has me looking for all that intangible culture stuff that we harp on. And with this squad I see it. The desire is there, the execution and perhaps the skill is not. I’m not going to fault the guys on the court for that.

That said, I also don’t think they are going to go 1-20 in the ACC so I don’t think it will be as good as many hoped but it’s also not the house is on fire and we need to start over.

I just sit back and enjoy the ride knowing joy comes in the morning.

11 Likes

Is Kihei a whale??? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you feeling ok?

4 Likes

Im complaining right now about Taine and Igor’s minutes for tonight LOL

4 Likes

This year is less stressful overall with no expectations but I very much blow off steam in the game threads LOL.

2 Likes

My hot take is that I came into this season thinking we would finish top 4/top 5 in the ACC and… I’m not abandoning that take yet. To be clear, that is saying more about the ACC than our squad. But I think it is still entirely doable.

Now let’s see how I feel about this later tonight.

1 Like

To the extent I act like a jerk in the in-game threads, it’s because my expectations for this year seemed fairly simple: (1) make the tourney and (2) build for the future, and we seem to be batting 0 for 2 (except of course for the rebuilding the culture stuff I’ve ruminated on).

To the extent I act like a jerk otherwise, it’s because I’m sometimes a jerk. :wink:

Substantive thoughts:

• I don’t have a good feel for Clemson this year. Seems like the same mediocre backcourt, and they lost Aamir Simms. Not exactly a great formula.
  • Their offensive efficiency is a bit of a mirage. Per Torvik, pretty high on the last 10: #19. But if you look at vs. top 50 teams, it’s #119. Drop-off of 100. Fwiw, our offense is #68 against quality teams, and defense is #117 (if anyone needs more evidence that our focus is misplaced, if you look only at this year’s roster…).
  • This is pretty much a must-win for our tourney hopes. Heck, the vast majority of remaining games will be must wins for our tourney hopes…
2 Likes

Nope i got 2 kids under 2 at home and working 10 hr days. Everything is a bit loopy to me

2 Likes

With as screwy as the acc is this yr. I wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled that out

1 Like

The pregame show is live on Facebook

Link

2 Likes

Nice looking shot from Reece!

Not good

It does not appear they will be missing any threes

1 Like

Gardner 75% from 3 on the season now I think. 4 attempts from what I can recall, but hey