UVa vs Richmond Game Thread - 2022

Feeling a little better about this game.

3 Likes

Forgot Brennan could do that since he was injured all last year.

3 Likes

Brennan might be good at football.

4 Likes

Is the defense playing any better?

Can’t tell if he’s slimmed down a little or he just doesn’t have a brace somewhere (yet)

1 Like

Cant really tell but we are rushing 4 instead of 3 so major improvement

3 Likes

DL has been less than impressive but obviously really early

1 Like

Defense is still slow and unathletic but the tackling looks maybe a little sharper.

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know what I’m talking about, but the tackling does look better. That said, the D-line is not getting as much disruptive penetration as you would hope for a unit that had some hype coming in.

Yeah, the single thing that aggravated me the most last season wasn’t merely that the defense was slow, its that they tackled SO badly. What should have been 5-6 yard plays went for 15 because defenders bounced off instead of wrapping up.

The defense isn’t looking much faster or stronger, but so far when they’ve been wrapping up and taking guys down when they’re supposed to.

Davis with the heave! :joy:

1 Like

If they can tackle that’s an improvement

Jones with 10 yards on the play, Davis with 7

3 Likes

LOL. Ok, maybe Richmond isn’t that great, either. Heads up play by Lavell.

1 Like

O line blocking looking a little better than at the start

1 Like

Armstrong sounds like he is ready

Not a good look for Hollins… he only gets that fumble because the ball hit the official IMO.

1 Like

Agree there

So… is an official considered just part of the field or is there some special rule for that?

1 Like

Yall know better than me but as great as BA is his throws have not been sharp at all

Edit: this is coming from the most accurate poolside small football thrower around

4 Likes