UVA vs San Fran Thread: A Dangerous Offense

Curious to see how the 5-out offense looks when a team has been able to scout it. I forget the quote, but I think Towson’s coach said they were completely caught by surprise. You could tell that they were overhelping at times and they got totally mixed up on the split cut-like action on one of Trey’s treys.

2 Likes

Just judging by box scores and height, it looks like San Fran mostly uses traditional lineups with 2 bigs. Should see more time for Shedrick and Caffaro today. Opposite of Towson who rarely had a player out there over 6’7.

1 Like

They do play with two big guys generally but their 4s tend to be stretch fours and neither have much size or strength so I think Hauser and/or Murphy can handle them.

I am interested to see what Tony does with Murphy. Have him come off the bench again or plug into the starting lineup? Thing is that Murphy can realistically play 2-4 so he’s versatile, but I also think using him as a 6th man for now could b vry valuable

3 Likes

There’s the answer

4 Likes

Makes sense. You want McKoy out there to cover the stretch 4.

That a boy Justin. Look for that shot. He can shoot it. Part of why he’s here.

6 Likes

Justin looks lilw a new man out there love it

7 Likes

Wonder if the SF coach has his players buy him beer

5 Likes

Casey with the sneaky length. You think he’s beat but nah lol

4 Likes

Hausher has his guy scared off the dtibble. He can do what he wants there to create

1 Like

This is such a long team. I feel like that’s slept on so often. How big Virginia typically is

2 Likes

Want to see us get Hauser and Huff some more shots. But happy to see McKoy knock down a couple.

Also, if there’s going to be a problem in this game, it’s these small quick guards for USF. I don’t think they’ll be able to hit enough high degree of difficulty shots to really hurt us, but they are creating turnovers and there’s potential there.

1 Like

Man I am sorry but there is something very S&M about that mesh mask Tony’s wearing. It’s making me uncomfortable.

1 Like

Lol I laughed at this too much.

SF moves well. If they can hit shots this could be a long AM

2 Likes

This guy has no chance at guarding Murphy

3 Likes

Ahh, thanks for tuning in to the Jay Bilas Bitch about the NCAA hour.

3 Likes

No Hauser or Huff and the offense is stagnent

4 Likes

Hate early games. Add no fans and there is just no energy.

3 Likes

Not a huge fan of the current line-up this early. Want to see Hauser and Huff get going.

2 Likes