UVA vs South Carolina

This is a weird redux. Played like garbage against Maine, next game lazy and out hustled against Purdue. Last game played like garbage against SB and today looks a lot like Purdue. Lots of 3s out hustled etc

1 Like

Whens the last time we have seen opposing team have so many run outs off of TOs into easy shots at the other end.

2 Likes

At our rate rn we’re gonna need some 2nd half UVA magic to have a chance

7 first half TOs already?

1 Like

I love Clark but 4 first half TOs is awful. Got to get more ball security

1 Like

Morsel was fouled on that last TO and no call

Every time we get the slightest thing for us something goes wrong for us

Morsell playing so far outside the offense right now. Not using the pin down screens in the blocker mover and then isoing and then to a clogged paint.

3 Likes

We just arent strong with the ball at any position. Has to change real quick

5 Likes

This whole half has been us getting close to making a comeback and then making a mistake and going back to being down 11

Lucky to be down only 9. Only Braxton looks like he is playing with intensity. SC cooling off. Need to value the basketball and max effort on D.

1 Like

Exploding with takes right now on what’s going wrong with this offense🤣. Fact of the matter is that this usc d is disruptive and we lack the guard play to beat it. When your best players are your bigs and the bigs aren’t getting the ball, issues arise

2 Likes

Down 9 at the break is a bit of a stroke of luck all things considered. SC didnt do anything special in the first half.

Hoos got to cut the turnovers and get some stops.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned it before but I think this is a big problem right now. You’re either a blocker/mover team or you’re not. So many intricacies, takes a different mindset really. Worked fine as a part time set last year with guards who had already been running it for years. Different situation now.

4 Likes

I agree, it’s predicated on experience and being able to make the most in depth reads in minute amounts of time, BUT, team doesn’t have the skill to run other offenses. IMO they should still run the blocker mover, but should emphasize getting the ball into the post on just about every rotation.

1 Like

2nd half will be a good gut check. Refs are letting them go, plays right into SC’s aggressive style. Their shot making has compounded things. Gonna take a lot of toughness to come back and win this one.

2 Likes

I may be terribly wrong but I think we’re gonna win this game

3 Likes

Oh i agree with you that this is what they need to do. Just saying we’re seeing an adjustment period right now.

2 Likes

Thing is watching today I am not sure they can get it into the bigs. Guards are getting ripped of the ball on perimeter and easy passes being stolen. Every time they show the fans everyone is yawning. Seems like a reflection today

3 Likes

Definitely are adjusting

1 Like