UVA vs W&M Thread

GAMEDAY

This’ll be our live game thread.

8 Likes

Probably going to be a VERY ugly 1st half, if not entire game coming off the 18 day haitus.

Do we know if we are trying to squeeze in another game in Texas while we are traveling all the way there already? There is a 4 day gap until Notre Dame. Maybe we can reach out to one of the Texas schools?

2 Likes

I imagine Carla and the staff already have, and if there’s not something to be announced soon there’s nothing to announce. I can’t imagine a world in which they didn’t even try to get something done

1 Like

I think we will look better than people expect. William and Mary isn’t very good

2 Likes

The cynic in me says neither is Uva. Nothing about losing to USF and going to OT against Akron makes me feel like the team can overlook, be unprepared, or cruise to a victory against anyone.

1 Like

So KenPom has San Fransisco and Kent State at 71 and 145 respectively. St. Francis and Towson are 260 and 223. William and Mary is worse than either at 281. We should roll

4 Likes

The #1 thing I’m watching for today is comfort with the 5-out offense. I think the read-and-react part is not too smooth currently, guys are ending up in each other’s driving lanes too often. Relatedly, I want to see what the floor balance looks like when transitioning to defense. W&M doesn’t run, but the transition defense needs to be on point for Gonzaga and it has not been up to typical TB standards this season.

2 Likes

I need my Hoos back I’m so excited.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

4 Likes

This game will be good to get UVA back to playing before the big game on Saturday.

1 Like

Great start…Kihei being very confident and aggressive!

5 Likes

Love his aggression. Like this lineups potential as well

3 Likes

Agree. Still want to see some straight iso sets for Trey or Sam at the elbow

2 Likes

This game is a dunk fest right now. I love it

2 Likes

Little weird Hauser hasn’t a taken shot yet, but we’re just taking what their defense is giving us and it’s working.

3 Likes

Offense is starting to stagnate

Scratch that Trae Murphy and Beekman on FIRE

Want to see Reece penetrate a little more. Kihei was tearing them up by beating his guy and causing their defense to break down. Reece is mostly hanging out at the three point line and not causing as much chaos.

4 Likes