VIP Chat January 2021

As the year turns to 2021… so much in flux! Didn’t think I needed to make this chat again, but I thought I would w/ some links to consolidate for those looking for this thread…

Below are links to the VIP Club threads from the past 10 days!

Wake Forest Game Update - VIP Club - Locker Room Access

FULL STORY on Forum: Breaking Down UVA’s Offensive Sets and Efficiency vs Notre Dame - VIP Club - Locker Room Access

Q&A coming to the JWILLY show Tuesday 830pm est - VIP Club - Locker Room Access

Backroom Banter First Edition - VIP Club - Locker Room Access

8 Likes

I’m hearing it might be another week or so before Shedrick is back in game action. Recovering from non-covid illness.

3 Likes

Got a touch of the Meningitis does he?

1 Like

Well why did they bring him to Clemson? Must have thought he could potentially play.

2 Likes

No idea. Just passing along what I was told by someone who would absolutely know… Feeling better now but probably another week before he’s ready to play in a game.

1 Like

It might be another week until we play a game so…that said is State in a situation similar to our recent one? I noticed they haven’t paused nor ruled out Wednesdays game. I’d guess the go no go would come tomorrow to see if they can get back to practice?l

2 Likes

@HoozGotNext Do you have a quick hit list of the current targets for the 2021 open schollies?

You know… like…

Bob Smith - High on list… PF target
John Smith - On radar… no chance though

Honestly I don’t think there’s anyone worth mentioning right now, that I know of anyway. They’re looking for guys that pop. Something special, not just someone to fill roster space. I did bring up the Euro import at Fork Union. He’s being watched. I’d guess it’s a low probability right now that they pursue. He’s sort of a bigger version of Badocchi with a jumpshot. Big time athlete that can really guard, shoots it well, but everything else is rough.

1 Like

With the young FR shooters, Murray and possible 2022’s coming to score an athletic big who can really guard sounds pretty attractive even if it takes time to polish the rest of his game.

I’ve watched a couple of the Fork Union games. His defense is impressive. They put him on the PG Friday, a Charlotte commit, who was giving them fits. A 6’8 guy hitting threes and blocking shots is intriguing. But then you see him consistently fumble passes and stuff like that, it gives you pause. He’s just a little awkward, will probably always have an unorthodox game.

1 Like

Transfers transfers transfers

2 Likes

Any chance we get another game scheduled this week? There have to be options out there…

I think this Is correct… we will be hot in the transfer market since we can’t effectively evaluate 2021 diamonds in the rough now… much easier to evaluate college prospects…it’s Keels and a big focus on the transfer portal come spring…

1 Like

Hootie gets Staples before LRA? I’m disappointed.

2 Likes

Curious about HoosPlace tweet implying there are other 2022 offers given that aren’t publicized. Any idea if this is legitimate and who holds the unpublicized offers? Nunez and Traudt?

lol Justin Taylor and Isaac McKneely have offers. I think I get the point they’re trying to make but nah there’s no secret scholarship offers out there.

5 Likes

Things sound pretty promising with Isaac Traudt. He’s TB’s guy, they’re all in. Made that clear to him tonight. They’re pitching him a Hauser-like role. Sam is in touch with him. And they’ve had him talking with Isaac McKneely for a while already.

17 Likes

@HoozGotNext Who is this guy? I don’t think I’ve heard about him once… is this a mistake? Seems like a mistake…

5 Likes

Agree. No clue who this guy is.

2 Likes

yeah it’s a mistake. Someone else asked me about that yesterday. In his previous interview he mentioned hearing from UVA, and it got lumped in as an offer. 247 has never been reliable with keeping track of that stuff.

3 Likes