VIP Chat September 2020

New month… new chat!

Let’s hope we are talking about the deepest darkest secrets on some commits this month based on @HoozGotNext article! :smiley: I’m being optimistic here!

4 Likes

Did anyone notice this? LOL!

what was it? says account suspended is all I see

1 Like

It was the Twitter account that had projected the “imminent” commit of Trevor Keels to UVa back in the Spring and started the frenzy from the fan-base.

It was predicting commits left and right for a while and was pretty accurate… they would end every one of those tweets wit “We. Just. Don’t. Miss.” It kinda became a bit of a joke.

3 Likes

Welp guess they missed that one.

2 Likes

By the way watched Keels video yesterday. Dennis Scott esque?

3 Likes

Dennis Scott?!?! damn. I had to go back to Google the 94 NBA Finals for a reminder of what his game even was.

Ha. Man he used to pull up from 35 on us in UHall. Dude had crazy range and looks like his son gonna be a player as well. You can find us vs them in 1990 ACC Tourney Finals as well. Damn we were close to winning that thing!

3 Likes

Hahah I gotta go back and watch that. His kid does look solid so far.

I wondered what happened to them. They got me excited with the Keels pick but I always had a bad feeling about them

2 Likes

Ya… me too. They were spot on and active for almost a month… then slowly waned away until getting banned. It was very weird.

2 Likes

Fresh is dying to break some keels news…

5 Likes

Dennis Scott was a player. Crazy range before it was in style.

5 Likes

No doubt, didn’t mean it as a knock on Scott, just not one of those players who I think about often… or at all…

2 Likes

If he wasn’t on TNT I wouldn’t either. Like Kenny Anderson. Great players I just don’t think about often.

3 Likes

I got you guys on that since I have been accused of pressing pause around 1995 or so

3 Likes

My man living too much in 92.

@blguthrie love Kenny Smith on TNT. But crazy I barely remember him playing, and I know I watched all of the games Houston played in the Finals so I know I saw him

3 Likes

@blguthrie @BDragon What is your take on Hubie Brown? He irrates me as a color commentator… I feel like he is drunk half the time. Kinda like Dick Vitale… except that guy is on speed. LOL!

I’d laugh but the HGN Instagram account has been frozen for like 3 months now. No idea why. They haven’t deleted but we can’t log in either. Instead it asks to verify the registered phone number but never sends the code.

2 Likes

@DFresh11 I’m getting old man, living in those glory days. @BDragon I’m with you on Kenny Smith. I remember him more at UNC than Houston. Probably because i hated him more at UNC LOL.

2 Likes