VIP March Madness Chat 2021

I need the plus minuses on each of those combos. Something tells me the Beekman Woldo has the highest + and the Reece Kihei has the lowest -. Could be wrong though of course.

1 Like

Yea I’m gonna go back and do that along with PPP. Beekman Woldo def seems like it was the most efficient. Granted Miami sucks, meant reece didn’t have to force anything. I won’t comment on some of the reece kihei debate on the other thread but reece’s 7% usage rate was incredibly low and tells me that what was valuable abt his performance was that he just let the offense run and execute against a bad defense.

1 Like

I won’t accept his commitment at this point

I get it. man yall didnt get me til like May of my senior year in HS so… hahaha

7 Likes

And I’m guessing it was probably your second senior year as well :grin:

1 Like

Any new chatter as we head into the weekend?

If Keels ends up elsewhere, I think the biggest recruiting victory UVa could have is to convince Tomas to return for the additional year. I think it takes the pressure off Murray to come in and produce off the bat if Morsell and Abdur-Rahim leave.

3 Likes

I think if Tomas comes back there is literally no chance Casey does. Basically, if Tomas is back, it’s an indicator of Casey’s intentions.

I hate what has happened with Morsell. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the plan was to babystep him into the role. When Guy left, it sent the plan south. I’ve always heard the staff expected Guy to stay but he decided to move on.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if he does stay. He seems to really like UVa and tbh I don’t expect him to make the league or even EuroLeague.
As for KG, I can’t blame him one bit for leaving

2 Likes

Oh yeah, don’t blame him at all. But I think there were indications he was coming back until the last minute. If he does stay, I think Morsell is a different player. He was thrown to the wolves and probably wasn’t ready. Probably the same with Abdur-Rahim. I hope he opens his eyes if he is thinking about leaving. The staff is doing what is best for him now and the future.

3 Likes

Guy had to go. His stock would never be higher and he’s making the most of his time in the league now. Another yr playing UVA’s style would not have helped him.

I think Woldo goes on and leaves. I think he knows what his ceiling is at uva and he’s st it esp of the younger guys develop on time. Plus he hasnt been home in years now.

3 Likes

I think the potential transfer situation could be really dicey for us. I fully expect Bennett to get guys who can contribute like Hauser or Murphy, but there is something about homegrown stars like Guy Ty Dre Brogdon etc.

I fully expect 1-2 of Casey / JAR / Papi / Kody to leave. I am very pleased to say I was was wrong about McKoy and think he can be moved out of this group. Justin has that infectious energy that every team needs

9 Likes

I understand that we’re in a sensitive transfer environment. I can understand Kody and Casey, but where do these expectations come from?

1 Like

I’ll add one more thing on Casey. Saw this morning someone call him a bust. It takes nerve behind a username on a message board to call a 20 year old kid a bust. Has he lived up to expectations, not yet but he’s on the tail end of his 2nd year. The light can come back on and anyone who followed him in HS/AAU knows he can shoot.

Seeing that kinda crap pisses me off.

10 Likes

yea its called Tough Whispering. Useless

8 Likes

No doubt it’s one of the reasons I’m so glad I didn’t come up with social media when I was playing. Couldn’t handle the marks with twitter fingers.

7 Likes

Anything new on Traudt???

Really starting to warm up to that guy. Just seems like the kind of player that would thrive under Tony.

1 Like

Fans gonna fan, guys. Generally agree with your sentiment, though I don’t always hold my tongue in more heated moments, which I regret and try not to do especially when sober. That said, it’s equally pointless to expect fans not to be negative on occasion.

But tough to say Casey is having a great career 2 years in. Doesn’t mean it can’t come on for him. Just saying, it hasn’t.

Not expecting any movement with him until early summer probably. They’ll keep trying anyway. UVA is the clear favorite.

8 Likes