Virginia at Houston game thread

They don’t quadruple team Jayden and have Kihei and Reece try to beat them with outside shooting.

They don’t have a 4 out/5 out offense that negates Gardner and exploits him on the defensive end.

To be fair he has played FSU. Didn’t go well but he’s played them. And to a lesser extent NC State.

4 Likes

Yeah, he probably won’t see an on ball defender as intense as Scottie Barnes for the rest of his college career.

3 Likes

The whole team better be blocking out especially the guards

1 Like

Dipped in on the Weave discussing the game for a couple minutes: they seemed to like UVa with the points (~5.5)

Fertitta Center is small – only 7100 or so

2 Likes

True forgot about FSU and Scotty Barnes. He does have some experience with it.

lol. They’re not wrong though just a little more cynical. My orange and blue glasses see more of the potential.

3 Likes

I mean, that’s a bit harsh, but hard to spot the lie. Mucked up Kody’s name and didn’t include McCorkle.

They even got Papi’s accent symbol correct and even our media guide screws that up.

The Weave said something, “Hey Kadin Shedrick, are you ready for this?”. That’s a big question.

1 Like

alright the reece eval has me annoyed lol

7 Likes

There are sins of omission, to be fair

2 Likes

That is the laziest scouting report I’ve ever seen lol

3 Likes

Is Kadin foreign?

That scouting report kinda reeks of “checked every player’s SportsReference page for their stats and then checked their 247 for recruiting info.” Definitely pretty lazy, lol. Imagine if actual reports were done in that style

“steven curry- 3 star recruit, playmaking/shooting pg, super tiny”
“ralph sampson- 7footer big man- can’t shoot it, skinny, pretty good rebounder”

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the second Kadin blurb is actually about Kody haha

2 Likes

Yep, I just realized that when I saw he had two blurbs.

2 Likes

If it’s just for 2 hours worth of interest watching a basketball game, I’d say it’s just the right amount and pretty spot on. Now, if that’s the Houston coach’s scouting report,…

Also, isn’t the term “little person” now?

Second straight show J Willy sounds like a Carson believer.

5 Likes

Taine warming up with the bigs.

https://twitter.com/UVAMensHoops/status/1460758341504876547

3 Likes

Teams are gonna be so confused when we run Igor and Traudt as our 2-3 paired with Murray and Bond as our 4-5.

5 Likes

If we ever play a UMBC/Gardner webb type team again.

Reece McCorkle McKneely Taine Bond. Switch everything