Virginia vs Miami

I haven’t seen a ton of him what i have seen he definitely likes to use his legs. And Bronco has a type you can see that all the way back to BYU. You can get away with it if you have an exceptional athlete at QB lile Bryce. But when rhe guy is of normal speed and strength it gets dicey. Rodriguez looks to be bigger and faster than Armstrong and maybe more similar to Thompson in running with Armstrong arm… i dunno.

My fear is if he is not ready on day 1 the staff won’t be able to develop him.

2 Likes

Bryce was a special athlete but also a better passer than people liked to give him credit for. I also don’t love seeing our qbs line up at receiver (kinda like BA on special teams last year) which I think speaks to your point of letting them develop at qb. Until he came out last week I thought we had given up on Thompson at qb.

2 Likes

Agree on all points. Bryce is a good passer which is why he’s sticking in the NFL. The moving qbs to wr and gimmick stuff is cute but all it’s really doing is masking defencies. I was worried the moment they brought Thompson in it seemed like an odd move to bring in some onento challenge Armstrong

1 Like

I didn’t hate it because I thought having stone as your backup for a guy who had never started would have been an awful idea. I also expected our defense to give us a fighting chance but I was clearly wrong there. All I can say is thank god basketball is 5 weeks away. That team makes me real happy.

1 Like

I get that. The defense has been horrible outside of Briggs. The secondary was supposed to be the strongest unit and they are bad with or without the injuries. The LBs are solid but unable to generate real pressure from the edge and the dline is basically non-existent

1 Like

It sucks and is also extremely concerning because it’s a pretty experienced group. It’s almost like nearly everyone has regressed. I understand that no fans has an impact but not like this. Also cross and grant need to actually be benched if they keep playing like they have.

1 Like

Part of the issue is injuries at WR and an opt out. However, in my opinion we have needed to sign more WR’s. We have had to depend on too many players being moved from other positions and transfers that haven’t produced. Now we are trying to compensate by moving good athletes that could develop at QB.

2 Likes

Well ok then

2 Likes

Both of them have regressed. There’s a lot of break down of fundamentals that are evident. Guys making the wrong reads losing assignments and missed tackles

Great point. They did not recruit WR well. Davis has been a great find but he’s very raw. Again that’s a senior unit but there are no stud go to guys. They never developed one

I think we expected Jana to be that guy. He’s a good player but he isn’t the main guy vertical threat that Joe or Ozz were. Billy kemp is a warrior and I love that kid.

1 Like

True. Quantity is the problem. They should have signed 4-6 more over the last 4 years. Now we are paying the price. Our OL is finally recovering with this class, potentially.

1 Like

Jana and Kemp are solid neither is a true 1. They never developed that guy

Kemp, Davis, Wicks, Obasi (holding out hope on him), and Nathaniel Beal next year :fire::fire:

1 Like

Wouldn’t shock me if Jana came back

Woof

Well thw secondary hasn’t improved between games

Why in tf is Noah Taylor there

1 Like

Welp… ugh. That’s all I got.

1 Like

This 10000 times i thought he was thw safety at first. That’s a terrible allignment