Virginia vs. Mississippi State Game Thread

Got it, so not very confident in this one:). I think I’ll go the bet against UVA route so that I am happy if they win and less pissed off if they lose.

1 Like

I forgot Garrison Brooks transferred there, and Rocket Watts was supposed to become a star at Michigan State. Had no idea he transferred, but I wasn’t paying attention, either. Those guys make this more interesting. Appreciate all the insight here and looking forward to a good game…

5 Likes

I feel like Mississippi State is the Bass Tech of Mississippi (and Ole Miss is the UVA)

4 Likes

Honestly I think it was both. They aren’t THAT bad.

Hmm we’ll agree to disagree. There, I don’t think they are THAT bad but I do think they shoot THAT poorly and combine that with an opponent who already boatraced them once in the season it wasn’t hard for heads to drop.

1 Like

Usual starting 5 (Sheds)

Just want to see the boys come out and play sharp tonight. Maybe NIT vs NCAA relieves some of our usual tournament jitters. Playing at home. Not some hot-shooting mid-major preparing for the game of their lives.

Man Armaan’s shot is completely broken. Need an upgrade at the 3 next year

2 Likes

Papi mauls ball, not face. Interesting choice for the postseason.

2 Likes

This team would be so much if after armaan misses 2 in a row, we had a real sub for him. Imagining having taine or McKneely to come in a take minutes when his shot isn’t falling just seems so much better

1 Like

Kihei passed up a really open look there

Get ready for that next year then because if they come in after Armaan misses twice we’ll be seeing a lot of PT for the youngins

1 Like

I have bad news for you

Kody has been holding it all in reserve for 4 years for tonight

7 Likes

Great pass Gardner

2 Likes

I’m not so sure he’s penciled in for 30 minutes. He’s the only option this year but Tony can’t like that lack of shooting at the 3

Needed these strong takes to the hoop during the regular szn!

3 Likes

Agreed - we saw him reduce Casey’s minutes in a similar context.

Exactly. He’s playing so much this year because of lack of options. Won’t be the case next year

I don’t see the same options as you do I guess. McKneely can play but we may need him to take the minutes at the two. Don’t see Murray or Igor at the three if they stay