Virginia vs North Texas Discussion Thread

After a close victory against Mississippi State, 20-13 UVA looks forward to the second round of the NIT and a chance to move. The North Texas Mean Green come in at 25-6 and looking to take down an ACC opponent after a close victory against Texas State in the first round of the NIT.

Here are betting odds: https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaab-game/virginia-cavaliers-north-texas-mean-green/122189

Feel free to reply with your predictions, discussions, and live reactions to the game against North Texas!

4 Likes

We’re 20-13

4 Likes

ESPN +… a way to log in with my Sling credentials or gonna need to fork out $7?

1 Like

careful cause sometimes Plus is minus a d blocks it out anyway. I hated that app siince they just stole money and offered nothing

But my friend did watch tons of soccer on my account!

3 Likes

Somebody’s gonna find us a good shady stream right?

9 Likes

There will be multiple

3 Likes

We gotta live stream @chavlicek15 in his dark room with strobe light going back in time. No need to even watch Reece!! get the quadruple double

5 Likes

I have ESPN+. See if I can figure out how to broadcast a stream.

4 Likes

Its possible I could use OBS to stream it, but I’d have to host the stream somewhere.

I’m betting the over whatever it is. The under is too obvious.

2 Likes

UVA +2.5 O/U 110.5

3 Likes

That under will go down. I was expecting closer to 105.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is true but I read that this will be the first time in the Kenpom era that the two slowest teams have played each other.

1 Like

Just received an alert that North Texas has installed new shots clocks in their arena……may be hard to officiate this game.

7 Likes

I don’t know much about North Texas, but it seems like they’re one of those undersized teams whose big guys are not that big and shoot from the perimeter. I wonder if we’ll see four-guard lineups with Jayden at the 5.

1 Like

Don’t think the outcome of this game is that consequential but good opportunity for TB to tinker with things vs the type of small team that usually gives us fits in tourney and OOC play. We rarely are able to dictate those games with our size on offense and are forced to go small.

3 Likes

And if we are forced to go small with Jayden at the 5 for long stretches, not really liking our chances. Going small ball without any strong 3point shooters isn’t ideal

1 Like

North Texas allows the 5th highest percentage of points allowed from 2 in the nation. Also, they allow the least percentage of points from 3.

Meanwhile we are 10th in percentage of points scored from 2 and are 342nd in percentage of points from 3. It will be a super interesting thing to watch how that plays out. Maybe we don’t even attempt a 3 pointer tomorrow!

6 Likes

UNT Coach Mclasland

2 Likes

They do play a 6’10” guy about 24 mpg. He played 34 minutes in their first round OT win.

1 Like